“Very good hotel & a convenient place to stay to enjoy Nashville”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #101 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Very good hotel & a convenient place to stay to enjoy Nashville”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have stayed here several times. Parking & getting around lower Broadway can be a challenge. They have free on-site parking and a complimentary shuttle which will drop you off & pick you up within a 5 mi radius until 10:30pm. We did not move our car until we left for home. If we came back after 10:30 pm, we would catch a cab for approx. $10. The shuttle works good unless you have to be somewhere quickly since it runs on 15-20 min shifts and you might have to catch the next shuttle if the first one is full, etc.
We have never had anything but good experiences at this hotel and feel it is a very good buy for the quality of service, etc.
Grounds and facility are lovely and clean & the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MusicFans
Theresa S, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We value all feedback and are very excited to share these with our team members. Please come stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Peotone
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Average. The work staff was wonderful. The front desk not so much. They were very rude, and disorganized. When the keys in our room didn't work, they acted like it was our fault. The hotel information said they had room service, the front desk said they had room service, but they didn't have it for that day. The roads were closed for the marathon, and they didn't have any help. This race was planned a year in advance, wouldn't you have planned for extra help.
Housecleaning was the best, It seems to me that if you are at the front desk, you should have 1. knowledge, 2. personality, 3. Be helpful, & 4. Act like the guests were important.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool. Nice view.
1 Thank Billie B
Thank you for your comments. We value all guest feedback and will cover these with our team. We hope to serve you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here during the Nashville marathon weekend. We arrived late on Friday night after a delayed flight and were picked up by the free shuttle provided. Driver was very nice and hotel was only a short 10-15 minute ride from the airport. The front desk helped us with details on the race the next morning. Most people staying at the hotel were running in the race so we were woken up by other hotel guests talking in the hallways which was fine since we had to wake up too. Hotel provided shuttles to the race and picked us up (2 hr wait but that was due to road closures- next yr they should plan for this).
Rooms were clean and the bathrooms were descent- could use some updating. Shower pressure was great.
Hotel has a restaurant but we decided to order pizza from outside (bellagios) which was great.
Hotel is not downtown but they provide a shuttle to downtown and a cab is only $9. Not a big deal at all.

1 Thank aduf
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the Marathon. We value our guests and enjoy receiving feedback. We will share your comments with our team. We hope you stay with us again soon.
NYC
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Came to run the marathon from New York and we had a great time. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Shuttles to the marathon and concert was great. Getting picked up from the marathon took a long time. There was lots of extra security which was good for our safety but caused delays. Downtown was crazy busy so I used hotel restaurant and bar. Food was good but service was great even thought both areas were busy. Ran pass hotel during the marathon and it had stage set up with music in the front. Nashville is a fun city and Overall i give my trip a 5 out of 5. first time i did nashville marathon will do it again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thomas j
Thank you so much for your feedback - we value all our guests and appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.
Martinsburg, West Virginia, USA
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We arrived in Nashville earlier than expected and after an 11+ hour drive we were ready to shower. I called the hotel and they were able to let us check into our room early, at no extra charge. The clerk that checked me in was fast, friendly, and efficient.

The lobby / front desk area is very nice looking. I think they might offer refreshments in the afternoons. There are a few couches so that you can wait on others or just watch television. The elevators are very swift and there are three so there isn't much of a wait. They also had a few patio tables open, though it was too cold yet for the pool to be open.

Our room was a basic two bedroom room - an arm chair, small table, desk, desk chair, dresser, and flat screen television. The beds were soft and bouncy, the pillows were soft as well. The bed dressings were all white, there was a velour blanket in between two sheets, which added plenty of warmth to the bed.

The bathroom had yet to be touched by the obvious remodel that has been happening in this hotel. It was small and dingy. The water pooled in the tub quickly while showering, and there was no vent to suck out the steamy air. When traveling with friends, we appreciate modesty and it's hard to get redressed in not only a small bathroom, but in a hot and humid one. Another thing that I didn't care for was that the sink was outside the room.

Also, there was no refrigerator. I always find that odd when there isn't one in the room.

The location of the hotel is right off of a main road (the number escapes me) but it was easy to find, and easy to get in / out of.

2 Thank Amanda T
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We appreciate all feedback from our guests - we do have mini refrigerators and microwaves on property for a minimum fee - thank you again and we look forward to a return visit.
Eclectic, Alabama
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and I must say that it was great. I was there for a 4 day get away with my girlfriend and we had a ball. The main things that I look for in a hotel are: cleanliness, how helpful the staff is, accomodations and location and the Millenum had it all. The best part was having a shuttle to take you to and from your destinations, there was a bit of a wait, but hey what more can you ask for when it's FREE. The next time we visit Nashville, which will probably be next year, I will definitely be staying at the Milennium!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carlus R
WOW - we love to share these comments with our TEAM - thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to you staying with us again soon.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ok... This hotel is very clean and the front desk people who helped me where very friendly and nice and helpful when I was trying to find Gas, places to eat and where the places I planned to go to were. They also, when I was concerned about the money for innsedentials being put on my debit which I had to use they offered to make it less which I loved. Plus the fact that they told me the shuttle would take me to my concert and save me money was very helpful. I do have a few things that kept me from giving this 5 stars is the fact that I stayed in room 231 and my door kept coming open which scared me. Plus the fact that I had to pay for internet and room service was overly priced after they added all the fees. My room was very clean and they had it ready when I was there at 2:30. I also love that the whole place was smoke-free, as for staying again that is debatable as I did not like having to pay for things such as internet, and local phone calls, but I still enjoyed staying in the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't ask for room 231 as the door comes open randomly.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sweetpea7s
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. Also thank you for giving us your room number we will be checking this door immediately. We appreciate all guests taking the time to give us their comments on their stay. We hope to be able to serve you again soon.