I travel to Nashville 3 or 4 times a year for business and usually stay at the Sheraton downtown. It was booked (as was all of downtown due to CMA awards) so I booked the Millennium Maxwell. I was a little concerned after reading several negative reviews on this site but was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The lobby was nice, the person checking me in was extremely friendly (although she made a few mistakes as you will see) and my room was very nice. I did have a club room, room 902 to be specific. It had a beautiful view of downtown. I was even thinking I might start staying at this hotel from now on. The Sheraton charges an exorbantant fee for wi-fi and $20 a day for parking. At the club level you get free wi-fi (although the check in person did not tell me how to access it but I wasn't working that night so for this stay it didn't matter), breakfast and parking is free with shuttle service. So I started to think this might be a good deal! At least I was until the next morning. First I went down to breakfast. The restuarant asked me for my white card. I went back up to my room to get the only card I had been given which was trying to get you to 'like' the hotel on Facebook. No, that wasn't the card for breakfast. The check in person had not given me one. So after calling the front desk (and a totla delay of maybe 10 minutes) I got my breakfast (which was quite good by the way!). Now running slightly later than I would have liked I got my suitcases and went to the front desk to check out and get my receipt. No receipt. I was told they had no way to print a receipt, that since I booked through Expedia, the email from Expedia was my receipt. I have booked many hotels through Expedia and never had a problem getting a receipt. I really needed it that day to turn in with my expense report and now had no way to print it out. So my expense report was delayed. Then I asked for a shuttle to downtwon and told the front desk clerk I need to run to my car. As I was walking out the shuttle driver was there and asked if I was going downtown. Yes, I'll be right back, just let me run to my car. No problem - I'll wait! he said. When I got back - not shuttle! He had left! I went to the front desk, she tried to call him to come back but he never answered. After waiting a few minutes I realized I would have to drive myself. By the time I drove downtown, found parking (at a cost of $25 by the way) and walked to few blocks to my meeting I was late. 15 people waiting for me. It was unprofessional and extremely embarassing. I would never stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Millennium Maxwell House Hotel Nashville, where music reigns supreme. Close to everything Nashville! We’re ideally located near the Country Music Hall of Fame, Bridgestone Arena, Germantown, Nissan Stadium, Music City Center, less than 2 miles to Downtown Nashville and Nashville International Airport is 15 minute drive. Our 287 spacious guest rooms feature unique, music-themed decor, Serta Perfect Sleeper, flat screen television and Enseo in room entertainment and High Speed Internet.Enseois a Dish Network® systems integrator offerings 82 HD channel lineups and over-The-Top content and entertainment solution whereby guests can access their personal streaming video and audio accounts directly from the hotel in-room TV.Guest can accessPandora®, HuluPlus®, YouTube®, Crackle®,and more. In room Krieg coffee makers featuring: Maxwell House Coffee. Rooms and Suites have views Downtown Nashville or rolling Tennessee hills in the distance. Located on our preferred floor, Millennium Club guest rooms offer upgraded bath amenities and free bottled water. Additionally, Club guests have complimentary Country Breakfast Buffet in Pralines' Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Millennium Maxwell House Nashville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Maxwell House Nashville Hotel Nashville
- Millennium Maxwell Hotel Nashville
- Millennium Maxwell Nashville