“I'd never stay anywhere else again!”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #110 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Millennium Maxwell House in Nashville is by far my favorite hotel I have stayed in. I frequent NashVegas at least 4 times a year. I have stayed at other hotels in the city like the Hyatt, Ramada, Holiday Inn and Extended Stay - the Millennium is by far the best deal for what you get. The hotel has amazing staff - so friendly and accommodating (even the shuttle drivers!). The hotel has a nice pool, restaurant, bar and the best part is the free shuttle! The shuttle runs decent hours, to/from the airport and anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. That alone makes the deal the best one out there. The location is about 5 minutes outside of the hustle and bustle of Broadway, but in a perfect location - free parking lot, Starbucks, Gas Station and tons of fast food all walking distance from the front door. The rooms are nice and modern - if there is an issue, they are quick to fix it with a smile on their face. They have banquet halls and an outdoor venue - perfect for a wedding! I would love to someday have mine there - it is so pretty and so Nashville! I have stayed at this hotel over 10 times now and encourage all of my friends visiting Nashville to stay with them also. There is a loyalty program which makes it easy to gain 'points' when you stay there. Millennium hotels are all over the world, I look forward to staying at their other hotels - even if it is just 1/2 as nice as the Maxwell House.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,939)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. I would not expect the hotel to be so far away from everything, since it was considered a "downtown nashville" hotel. Check-in took a normal amount of time, and the front desk staff was friendly, but not over-the-top. The walls in my room were so thin, I could hear the TV in the person's room next to me! And I could hear when the guy in the room above mine coughed! You could hear people ALL night long walking up and down the hallways, and there was a huge gap between the bottom of the door and the floor, so a lot of light and sound came in. I definitely wasnt expecting the hotel beds to be hard as rocks! I woke up multiple times throughout the night from the noise and from being so uncomfortable! The "white" comforter and sheets had stains. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again! Plan on staying in the Vanderbilt/West End side of town next time, or book a hotel downtown! I booked this room from Hotwire.com and thought it was "downtown" as advertised, but it definitely is miles away!

Room Tip: If you are unfortunate enough to have to stay here, stay on one of the top floors with a view of the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed one night be ause they offer a free shuttle downtown and to the Titan stadium. The price was good but the hotel is average. The rooms are dated but it was clean except the tub still had hair in it. We stayed in 707 and 709 and for the price and convenience these rooms were okay. I don't recommend the breakfast buffet. For the price and quality you can do better at a restaurant. The bar was fun. We never could get on the Internet in the lobby so I'm not sure what the problem was.

Room Tip: Rooms 707 and 709 were fairly clean and overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The Millennium is a huge disappointment..the smell when you enter the lobby is indescribable...a combination of stale air mixed with the odor of smelly socks...the lobby intends to have a retro feel, but comes off as a bachelor pad gone terribly wrong.

The rooms are small and smell, too. The walls are paper thin (so you better whisper). The bathroom is small and the tile needs an update. The sink area barely fits my make-up bag...and it's right next to the door, ugh!!! No refrigerator...mattress is uncomfortable, air conditioning unit is loud...we used Priceline, so shame on us!! No way this is a 4 star hotel...

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Booked this hotel through hotels.com and got a good rate (76.00+tax). Check in was a piece of cake, the room was a really nice size, king bed was great! Everything was really nice. coffee pot, hair dryer, included. Huge flat screen tv. We did utilize the shuttle service to go downtown and that was as promised. We called the lobby about half an hour b4 we were ready, and headed downstairs. The shuttle was quick, then when we were ready to come back we called the hotel and they contact the shuttle, as we crossed the street he was already there. The air conditioning got cold enough so that you could actually have the blanket on all night! Love that!
One of the reviews stated that they didn't like the fact that it wasn't a regular vanity for the bathroom, true..but it still has plenty of room around the sink to put your toiletries. Would we stay again? Definitely!! We did not go to the bar or restaurant so can't report on those. I can say the employees all of them were very friendly and always asking if they can help, or do we need anything. very personable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Millennium Maxwell for two nights. Had a hard time finding it, as our GPS wasn't working properly. Finally had to call the hotel and ask for directions and was given a different address than what they list on their internet sight. We had dinner and happy hour drinks in the bar. The service was excellent and they have a good price on the appetizers. Used the shuttle service the next day and was extremely satisfied with the service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank oregonexpress
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked the hotel through Priceline and was initially scared when I read the other reviews. My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights over Labor Day weekend and thought it was a decent hotel. The lobby has been remodeled, but the rooms are older. The rooms were clean and that is what matters to me. The hotel was about a 7 minute drive from the bars on Broadway, but they have a free shuttle that will take you around town until 10:30pm. We saved a lot of money not having to part our car downtown and utilzing the shuttle. A taxi ride back to the hotel was $11. The staff was friendly when we had questions and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple