New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Staff is very friendly & helpful!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds

Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds
Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Staff is very friendly & helpful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm very shocked to see such low reviews on this hotel. A few friends & i stayed here for a concert. The lady at the front desk called a cab for us and called our room when the can arrived. She was very helpful and seemed willing to do anything to help us out. When we got to the room, I was very surprised about the overall cleanliness of the room. Everything was clean and looked nice. They have a lot of TV channels and movie channels. there is also a microwave and refrigerator in the room. I enjoyed my stay here & will likely return to this motel.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kjr0422

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Bugs! Fruit flies, and even worse--cockroaches! Drawers were full of crumbs and garbage. Generally rundown and shabby. The only positive feedback I can give is the staff was friendly and helpful and the rated were very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
RedRoof1, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Steve, I am very sorry you did not have a pleasant stay at this Red Roof Inn location. We inspect every room once it has been clean to make sure it is 100% ready to rent to guests. We are in the process of a full renovation at this location. I am glad to hear that our staff did make you feel welcome and accommodating. Once our renovation is complete and if you are in the area please give us another try in the future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have stayed in several Red Roof Inns with great satisfaction, but this one needs lots of help! Dirty carpet, crime scene stains on the walls...all of them, the sheets had tears in them (found them when I got in bed), no amenities and the room was 10X20 at best. The price was commensurate, but we expected so much more from past experience. In their defense, the remodel will begin soon (not too soon!). Give this property a month or two before you think of staying here. It was bad enough the front desk attendant would not look me in the eye and ask how my stay was when I checked out. He knew!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob B
Plano, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Prices are cheap. But not worth it.

Dirty. Nestled between a rail yard and the highway. The only good news was the air conditioner was noisier than the trains across the street. Neighborhood looked bad. Wasn't sure car was going to be there, or at least the windows intact, when I got up. Fortunately no problem.

I won't be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank planoTXvacationer
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here off and on for two years .it was great til it was bought out. I made reservations for sat July 22 .
I called two days prior to cancel as we had a change of plans . As I spoke with Kim she told me I had no reservations and not to worry about it. As I looked at my bank account they charged me. I called the manager to get this refunded however he insinuated that I was being untruthful. However it has not been refunded. I have always used red roof but this has changed my mind about red roofs since the red roof corporate office has not even responded to my complaint

• Stayed June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The rate here was so cheap, particularly considering that my husband and I stayed during the CMA Festival, so I can't really complain! It's your typical frontage road inn, pull up, sleep, then off you go. However, for being just off the highway, the location was a nice surprise, being right next to a Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, and only down the road from a small shopping complex and other restaurants. BUT if you are a light sleeper, I would warn you that the Inn is across from a rail yard, which kept my husband up at times (but I slept right through it). The bed wasn't comfortable, but the room was clean, and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Like I said, I really can't complain: I wasn't in Nashville to hang at a hotel, so to just crash here for the night on a dime was exactly what I ordered!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there was a "backside" to the Inn, but if so, then it might be quieter...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a great stay at this Red Roof. The staff were friendly and helpful and the accomodation was of a high standard. Being close to the Nashville Zoo and having the sights and sounds of Nashville just a few minutes up the road made this an ideal place for us to stay. Although on three floors, it has an elevator so it was no problem for us older people. With a Waffle House just 100yds up the road it was no problem getting a good start to the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RedRoof1, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Pictureseer, On behalf of the management and employees at Red Roof Inn I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We strive to provide clean rooms, freindly and helpful staff, as well as reasonable rates. If you are traveling through Nashville again please consider staying with us again.

Kimberly