New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“If you make a reservation make sure you make them email confirmation because they will say you made reservations for a different” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds

Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds
Ranked #107 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here off and on for two years .it was great til it was bought out. I made reservations for sat July 22 .
I called two days prior to cancel as we had a change of plans . As I spoke with Kim she told me I had no reservations and not to worry about it. As I looked at my bank account they charged me. I called the manager to get this refunded however he insinuated that I was being untruthful. However it has not been refunded. I have always used red roof but this has changed my mind about red roofs since the red roof corporate office has not even responded to my complaint

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The rate here was so cheap, particularly considering that my husband and I stayed during the CMA Festival, so I can't really complain! It's your typical frontage road inn, pull up, sleep, then off you go. However, for being just off the highway, the location was a nice surprise, being right next to a Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, and only down the road from a small shopping complex and other restaurants. BUT if you are a light sleeper, I would warn you that the Inn is across from a rail yard, which kept my husband up at times (but I slept right through it). The bed wasn't comfortable, but the room was clean, and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Like I said, I really can't complain: I wasn't in Nashville to hang at a hotel, so to just crash here for the night on a dime was exactly what I ordered!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there was a "backside" to the Inn, but if so, then it might be quieter...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a great stay at this Red Roof. The staff were friendly and helpful and the accomodation was of a high standard. Being close to the Nashville Zoo and having the sights and sounds of Nashville just a few minutes up the road made this an ideal place for us to stay. Although on three floors, it has an elevator so it was no problem for us older people. With a Waffle House just 100yds up the road it was no problem getting a good start to the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof1, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Pictureseer, On behalf of the management and employees at Red Roof Inn I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We strive to provide clean rooms, freindly and helpful staff, as well as reasonable rates. If you are traveling through Nashville again please consider staying with us again.

Kimberly
Jasper, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good clean rooms and a decent price. Right next to the interstate but far enough that traffic noise is minimal. Good cold air conditiooning. Close to downtown and five minutes from Opryland and OpryMills.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof1, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff of Red Roof Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, reasonable rates and friendly staff. If you should return to the Nashville area we would love to have you as our guest once again.

Thanks again,
Kimberly
Emmaus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room itself was quite nice, but unfortunately the neighborhood was not. Also the A/C unit was very loud. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean, but the area was not one that we felt comfortable walking in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm a single mom with two young children who traveled to Nashville for a homeschool convention. This hotel was very conveniently located to the Expo Center/Fairgrounds, Zoo, Children's museum and only 10 minutes from Cool Springs Galleria. With my AAA discount the room was $44.99 weeknight and $49.99 weekend. I was very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. Even though our room faced I-65 we were not bothered with traffic noise. The other clientele seemed to be families or couples. Overall we felt very safe and considering the low price for the area I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jasper, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

the rooms were excellent friendly empolyees especially the young lady at the front desk believe her name was kim she was willing to help in any way she could great place to stay most clerks and other empolyees of hotels are usually surly they were not great location for my trip excellent job keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo