WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds

Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds
Ranked #106 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Madison, Alabama
“Terrific Value for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm a single mom with two young children who traveled to Nashville for a homeschool convention. This hotel was very conveniently located to the Expo Center/Fairgrounds, Zoo, Children's museum and only 10 minutes from Cool Springs Galleria. With my AAA discount the room was $44.99 weeknight and $49.99 weekend. I was very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. Even though our room faced I-65 we were not bothered with traffic noise. The other clientele seemed to be families or couples. Overall we felt very safe and considering the low price for the area I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Jasper, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

the rooms were excellent friendly empolyees especially the young lady at the front desk believe her name was kim she was willing to help in any way she could great place to stay most clerks and other empolyees of hotels are usually surly they were not great location for my trip excellent job keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked through booking.com and the website was VERY misleading. It stated that I was booking 2 double rooms with double beds so I was expecting adjoining rooms with double beds. Four rooms total, what I got at check in was two rooms with two beds in each. The website should state a SINGLE room with double beds...front desk was very helpful though and the rooms were nice and decently priced and close to down town...overall I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our third, and definitely last, stay at this Red Roof. Our stay was two nights long. Earlier, we had been treated to a helpful and kind front desk, and Nashville rooms are very expensive, so this was our best value, or so we thought. My husband liked it better than I did. I agreed to stay one more time, despite my reservations. In the previous visits, I was annoyed at the noise from the railroad switch yard across the street and the fact there there was either a plumbing or an electrical maintenance problem in each of our previous rooms.

This stay was beyond awful. The weather seal on our door was missing and hubby had to go out and buy some material to try to block out the sound and be able to use the deadbolt. In addition, the thermostat cover had been torn off and there was no way to adjust room temperature (the fan by the window is for a/c only, not heat) so our room was cold as I needed to run the fan all night to block out the noise, and we couldn't turn on heat. The internet was down or extremely slow from the time we got there until the morning we left. I talked to the man at the front desk and he tried to set me up with a call from the wandering wifi service man (the clerk wasn't aware of any problems with internet, and he seemed to not believe me) but when I went up to my room to get the phone call, the phone plug came right out of the wall. I had to shove the bed over to try to get it back in but the whole phone jack had been torn away from the wall.

What more can I say? The room was okay other than the deficiencies named above, and it seemed clean enough. One more thing; housekeeping never showed up to clean our room while we were gone most of the afternoon until late night. What else could go wrong? They will lose a lot of business, that's what.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Paula J
Middleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I don't like to say anything if I have nothing good to say, however, I feel compelled to say something. This is absolutely the most disgusting hotel we have ever stayed at.
This is not the "nice, clean, and cheap" Red Roof experience - it was somewhat cheap with my discount, however, the room was SO GROSS. It was not just a matter of being dirty... the drywall was falling apart, the furniture was damaged, there were splatters of weird gooey liquid on the walls, we didn't even feel like we could sit on the bed spread. Honestly, we didn't even use the sink or shower and didn't change out of our clothes when we slept in, since this was just a stop over for our long drive from Wisconsin to Florida.
Also, this hotel is located by a rail yard (railroad yard)... they work on the railcars all night and you can hear the noises. The area does not feel safe. If my husband wasn't with me, there is no way I would have stayed there... he did not feel safe either.
Do not book a room at this hotel. You will pay $40-50 more for a better place, but it's worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MadausFamily
Evanston, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I spent one night here. I will never return. My room faced the highway, so it was non stop car noise all night. The room had a funky smell (something between masked smoked and mold) and it looked and felt dirty. Also, it did not feel safe.

The best description I can offer, is that it looked like a seedy motel from a movie. Not the place you want to stay. They have a reasonable location for people driving through Nashville, but they need to invest and renew it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank perieka
Kalamazoo MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

The first room we looked at had a strange smell, hair in the bed as if the sheets had not been changed and a large white spot on the bedspread. The light in the bathroom didn't work. The manager said maybe there was a dog in our room before we stayed there but that shouldn't have made any difference. The manager was friendly and gave us a different room. That room was acceptable but there is a steel factory across the street and there were loud screeching sounds all night. We were very unhappy with our stay. In addition when I asked the cost of the room when we checked in, they neglected to include the taxes!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple