“Ehh...”

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Downtown Airport Area

Reviewed May 27, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awful. As soon as you open the door the most awful smell hits you. It is so strong like mildewed carpet mixed with smoke. I knew with the price of the hotel that it may not be that good but it was terrible. As soon as we went in the room there was no power. The guys at the front said oh we can turn the breaker on. We just left. I don't think I could have smelled that awful smell all night. It's really upsetting paying for a hotel and it being so nasty you can't tolerate to stay there just one night. We didn't get our money back but I guess we learned our lesson about cheap hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Upon arrival, I was told that the room I reserved was not available. After much back and forth the person at the front desk finally said he found me a room. When I arrived at said room, it smelled STRONGLY of feces and urine. I choked upon entering the room because of the smell. I was then moved to another room and I can't really tell if it's clean. The carpet is pulled up and ripped, the room smells dingy, and the ATM and the soda machine are both out of order. I was told by the Super 8 reservation services that this hotel provided a free shuttle from the airport and that all I would need to do is call, but when I called, the person at the front desk not only told me that there was no free shuttle (I think he said it's $10) but he just told me to take a taxi anyway since they stopped offering shuttle services. Recommend this place only for those family members you can't stand!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2014

You get what you pay for. For <$60 a night in a generally pricey city like Nashville, you can't expect too much... but this was perfectly adequate. Convenient location to the interstate, suitable room (though the linens were a bit scratchy and the fitted sheet wouldn't stay on the bed). Very nice having the refrigerator/microwave!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights. When we got there, the first key didn't work to open the door. The second key worked. The room was nasty, the a/c didn't work, Fixtures were missing in the bathroom. We were there all of 5 minutes before we found a different hotel in a better neighborhood. We left, didn't check out, and came back on the day we were supposed to check out and someone was in the room we had booked. The bathroom had rolled up paper on the floor and wall where the tile had come out. It was COMPLETELY terrifying to be there. People kept watching us as we walked to our car to get our stuff. There were many people living in the hotel. The guy at the front desk was unfriendly. We tried to get a different room, but he said he was completely booked, which I find hard to believe. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
When we mentioned this hotel and the location to our family that knew the area better, they said we were smart to not stay there. That area has more murders and prostitutes than the rest of Nashville.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Nashville hotels
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Somatel Nashville Airport
Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
Super 8 Nashville West
Super 8 Nashville West
#89 of 157 in Nashville

Been to Super 8 Downtown Airport Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Downtown Airport Area

Address: 709 Spence Lanwe, Nashville, TN 37217-1143
Location: United States > Tennessee > Davidson County > Nashville
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #134 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Price Range: $65 - $99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Downtown Airport Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Reservation Counter, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Super 8 Downtown Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Downtown Airport Area Hotel Nashville