“THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Downtown Airport Area

Super 8 Downtown Airport Area
Ranked #129 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
“THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!!! YOU WILL HAVE BETTER LUCK STAYING on the SIDE OF THE ROAD!!! The people who work here are rude and mean. The hotel is nasty and horrible stay away! do not stay here. it is horrible horrible horrible

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Worst motel ever. I knew I was in trouble when I opened the door to the room. The lights wouldn't turn on. I investigated and found the lights broken out of their sockets. Room was filthy from what I could see. I have an eight yr old with me and I said were out of here. After going back to lobby and asking for refund they said they would show me another room or send me across street to days inn which looks a hundred times worse. But they would not give me a refund. I took the other room cause what option did I have. After being there 20 min I noticed bugs in the room on bed tiny ant looking things. Bed bugs I guess. I didn't even bother going back to office. Got my son and our belongings out of there as fast as I could but by then every other motel in Nashville was booked because of sheiffs convention. So here it is 1230 am. And my son and I finally found a room in Clarksville 40 miles away. We are traveling the united states and have been staying in super 8's for the last three weeks. But these guys are horrible just horrible. No lights worked at the pool when we checked that out on the way to our original room. I can only guess what the breakfast would be like. SHUT THESE GUYS DOWN!! They are criminals!! Robbed me for 80 bucks. Scumbag bug infested criminals!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Wickedsensation
Sevierville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We rented 2 rooms, one with a king bed, the other with 2 queen beds. The room smelled OK when we opened the door to check it out. I looked around and it appeared to be sufficient for the night. My fiance is working in the area and I was there to visit. We paid for the room and ran out to get some dinner and bring it back. There are about 15 working channels on the TV, the internet service never worked. I called the front desk twice and it was never resolved. The bathroom door was off of the hinges and the toilet would take 10 minutes to flush. The towels were poor quality. It was like drying off with a Brillo pad. The bed was so hard that I woke up in tears. The AC did not get really cold, it was more on the cool side. We did not make it for the free breakfast, however, the smell walking into the lobby was enough to detour you from wanting to eat anything from that area. I guess that is how they save money. This is an old and run down property. $59 for each room is ridiculous. I guess you get what you pay for! Consider this a lesson learned. My next visit, I might try the Holiday Inn Express across the street! I should have read reviews before staying here. Re-consider before throwing your money out the window!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank saralyn1979
Victor, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever been in! I had booked this hotel a week earlier. I checked in and paid 20 extra bucks for my two small dogs to stay there, along with my husband and 3 year old daughter. When we opened the door the horrible odor of cigarette overwhelmed us, we immediatly went back to the front desk to ask for a non smoking room...the new room also was a smoking room. The room was dirty, smelly, and very gross. There was only one towel and one wash cloth. After leaving to get some dinner my husband decided we were not going to stay there even if we were not going to be refunded. We repacked our car and went to the front desk. My husband asked the guy to refund us our 20 dollars pet charge and we were checking out and of coarse he told him why. Do yourself a favor and do not book at this dump.

Room Tip: There is NO room worth having here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Melanie H
Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

The room smelled funny,People were yelling and drinking in the parking lot,One bed had disgusting stains on the mattress,there was a used personal item in the parking lot,I asked for clean towels seven hours later they just walked into my room (the maids)with dirty towels,i thought the maid was supposed to knock first.I am a truck driver and was on my 34 hour re-start or i would have left right away.I felt unsafe for my truck and myself .this property gives Super 8 a bad name..........side note ......when the motel called me he wanted to know why i didn't leave right away ?most people don't understand the rules and regulations truck drivers have to follow after i reach 70 hours i am required to take 34 hours off.He also called me cheap and told me i just wanted to get a discount.SO untrue all i really wanted was a clean room and a quiet evening.In my opinion every decent person should avoid this property,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom L
St Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is a disgrace to Super 8 chain, why haven't they fixed the problems. Toilet roll holder fell out of the wall, no screws holding power point in. No internet connection as advertised, blamed provider for lines being down but you can connect in the lobby. We hadn't mentioned we wanted internet so he didn't care, must not have mentioned we wanted clean linen and towels either. They have no idea what non-smoking rooms are. Smell was in all our luggage. Left with bites from bed bugs thriving in the dirty mattresses. Mouse droppings on the fold out bed. I will now read reviews before checking in anywhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather R
Knoxville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I wish my teammate would have read the reviews on this site before booking us rooms at this hotel. When you walk in the rooms you can see blood stains on the mattress and box springs. The rooms were not clean, nor did they get cleaned while we stayed there. We checked in Friday night, left around 8 AM Saturday for our tournament, then returned around 4 PM. None of our 5 rooms had been cleaned while we were gone for 8 hours. We said there would be 4 people per room, but when we showed up, there was only one towel in each room. When I went to ask for more towels, the housekeeping staff could not speak English or understand what I was asking. When I looked at the wash cloth I was about to use when showering, I noticed that there were several strands of someone else's hair all over it. All the towels were like sand paper. The furniture was from the 70's. The hotel claims to be newly renovated, but the only area that looked renovated was the lobby. Not worth the $65 per night we paid. This place is just nasty. Do not stay here, unless you're into cheap, gross hotels.

Room Tip: I repeat, do not stay at this hotel. Ever.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends