“Great hotel for a good value!”

Best Western Plus Music Row
Ranked #48 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great hotel for a good value!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! A few minor things, but nothing substantial. Let me break it down for you.
Service:
There were no real problems with service. Everyone was very friendly. After we made it into our room, we got a call from the front desk asking if the room was alright, which is something that I am not used to. There was one thing - housekeeping did not come until late afternoon/early evening (we stayed two nights). We were in and out of the room all day, and we kept coming back to an untouched room. My mother finally took our trash down to the housekeeping cart, then we left. When we came back, it was cleaned up. It doesn't bother me, but it bothered her.
Value/Quality:
For the price we got it at, I was impressed. I have stayed crappier hotels for the same price. Their breakfast was great! They had everything - eggs, biscuits, bacon, gravy, waffles, yougurt, bagels, cereal, muffins... The list goes on!
Sleep quality:
The beds had memory foam mattresses. The pillows were not down, which is great for those of us who are allergic to dust. I slept like a rock. My mother, who is the Princess and the Pea, slept fairly well (which is a rare occurance if it is not her own bed). There was no noise that we could hear over the A/C.
Cleanliness:
Very clean. No hairs. Nothing to complain about here!
Location:
GREAT location! The first night, we walked to the restaurants maybe 2 blocks away. There is a great variety in that little strip. We went to the Italian restaurant Mikro's, and quite enjoyed it. If you want to venture out a little further, the rest of Music Row isn't far, along with the West End and the area around Vanderbilt. All within a 5-10 minute drive! Downtown is a little bit further, but if you can avoid the traffic, you can get there in 15 min tops. ALSO if you are parking downtown at night, park on Gay St. after 6pm opposite of the meters. It is free!
Rooms:
The rooms were great. There was plenty of space to put stuff, except for the bathroom. There was no counter space in there. There was a safe, hangers, iron and board, hair dryer, great TV, a binder with information about Nashville and what to go see, mini fridge, and microwave. If you care about the "fashion" or aesthetics, it is a little interesting. It definitely has personality. The comforter was gold and black. The walls were red. The elevators had black and blue sparkly tiles from top to bottom. Last thing - the A/C is old. It can cool off the room, but if you are the person by it (which was me), it will blow cold air on you all night. We put the chairs in front of it to keep it from blowing on me.

Room Tip: Not about the room, but about parking Downtown: Park on Gay St. opposite of the meters if you are th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
bwmusicrow, Manager at Best Western Plus Music Row, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Veronica, Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Music City. We appreciate the concerns that you had and we are working on them. This will ensure that you and our future guests will be benefiting from our suggestions. We sincerely apologize for the minor inconveniences.

I take this opportunity to thank you and at the same time, request you to give us one more opportunity to make things right.

Nathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Whether you own a beauty shop, plumbing service or retail store, the importance of good customer service cannot be underestimated. This is especially true in a business environment that is growing increasingly more competitive such as the hospitality industry. Gone are the days when customers were happy just receiving "please" and "thank you" or getting service with a smile. Although those go into the recipe for proper etiquette, it's just not enough. Satisfied customers are looking for a memorable experience and dynamic service where it counts. From receiving quick service to bending the standard practices -- such as extending a guest check-out in a hotel or customizing a menu item in a restaurant -- customers want to feel as if their business is appreciated. And Best Western is a brand that delivers and is consistent in this aspect.

I had the pleasure of staying at this plus property during my road trip down to the Southern States for 4 nights in June. As a Best Western Premier Employee myself, and an airline stewardess, I understand the hospitality industry thoroughly and the importance there is when it comes to customer satisfaction and providing that WOW factor. However, the attention to detail must not be dismissed! And I feel as thought this property could use a refresher as it is starting to show it's years through it's walls and paintings along with the interior design. Sometimes you have to give a little to gain a little - and in today's fast growing industry, our guests are more aware of the quality that is out there and are more educated when it comes to booking travel. This could be the deciding factor for many when choosing between your property or the Court Yard Marriott just down the road! But if your just looking for a place that meets your basic comfort needs such as a pillow to lay your head upon and a shower to freshen up than this will just do! That is exactly why I booked here - I knew that I would not be spending a lot of time at the property its self but rather out on the streets of Nashville. Although through my travels I am starting to realize that the food and beverage along with accommodations - should not be overlooked as they are the two tourism sectors that define and create the memories of your trip - they are the two that bring the ultimate comfort during your travels.

I just wanted to leave a few points of interest and suggestions with your property and explain myself further as to why I classify your property as an average hotel.

1) I am not sure if there was faulty with the air conditioning units in the building and the rooms but we found it to be very muggy and sticky inside the hotel - which lead to some discomfort during sleep and after coming in off the hot sticky streets of Nashville - luckily we were able to utilize your pool. It's extremely odd to see a little prop fan inside the elevators trying to blow cool air at you, when in reality it is just circulating the warm air inside.

2) Complimentary breakfast is a wonderful option - however if you are going to provide a complimentary breakfast - it is important that the food does not taste like it is a week old such as the bagels and breads that were left out. The only type of sugar available for me was unsweetened - the hotel did not provide just your regular sugar packages. Condiments for toast - it would be nice to have your standard jam and peanut butter options instead of some mixed fruit one - people tend to pick items they are more familiar with. Adding bacon to the list of hot items would add that WOW factor to your complimentary breakfast.

3) I know Best Western has stipulations of cleanliness for our properties using the ICare 1 program and ICare 2 program - I was a little unsettled seeing so many cob webs in the lobby and as I went to enter the elevator one day a very large black spider scurried across the floor in front of my feet - one that you could not miss - there was a lot of dust and stickiness left on the dressers and cabinets inside the guest room as well.

4) Softer face clothes - yours are very coarse and leave sensitive skin breaking out in rashes and rawness - and no it is not because someone may scrub their face to much - they are just very uncomfortable to use - luckily i do bring my own when I travel

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I appreciate the manager's assistance with some billing discrepancies I had - they were able to take care of it without question and had charges reversed to my credit card. I'd like to thank the young gentleman who was working the 3-11pm shifts he was friendly and polite and was sharp with his knowledge when we had questions about the area and restaurant recommendations.

Thank you for also providing complimentary parking - this was my ultimate deciding factor between the two best western's in that region - the Conference Inn property charged $20 a day - and for me I like to avoid these unnecessary charges.

Many thanks and I will be back next June to attend the CMA Awards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
bwmusicrow, General Manager at Best Western Plus Music Row, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Krystal, Thank you very much for your deep insight and the subtle feedback about our property. As a Premier Employee yourself, I am sure you would understand that a perfect world is totally impossible in the current scenario. However, we have heard, and understood your concerns and we have taken the steps to make sure your next stay with us will be exceeding your expectations.

Thank you very much for choosing us and also for being a part of the Best Western Family.

Chester, Virginia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a great motel, clean, close to the free transportation. We originally had another BW booked but found a flyer with a much better price at this facility, so we called but clerk said it was too busy of a weekend for that price (this was Monday am) he did offer to match the price of the other hotel so we took him up on the offer. When we got there we decided we would like to stay another night, this clerk told us they were way too busy to give us the same price as the first night!? What does one have to do with the other????? The first person we talked to on the phone really pushed us to stay here and what does too busy have to do with an advertised price on a flyer at the Tennesse Welcome Center? It was a very nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay, staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean, Breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the flyer at the Tenneessee Welcome Center
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bwmusicrow, General Manager at Best Western Plus Music Row, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Dizymaus, thank you for your patronage. We do accept and offer the flyer discounts that are available in the Welcome Centers. We are a hotel with competitive pricing. We are the only hotel in the downtown Nashville Metro Area that provides our guests with Tempur-Pedic Mattresses, and the rooms equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. As we do have to compete with the other hotels and the hotel chains who do not provided these amenities for free, our prices seem a little high.

We do apologize for the price differences on successive dates, but it purely is based on the availability and the prices prevailing in the area for an event or game or a concert. We would love to have you spend more time with us and enjoy the various sights and sounds of Nashville in the future.

United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was very pleased with the hotel, rooms were clean and updated, breakfast was good, location was great...we walked to Station Inn and Desano Pizza from the hotel.

Only minus was the deck around the pool was as slick as glass. My two children both fell and they were not running or rough housing. One fell and hurt his head pretty badly, the other slipped into the fence and scarped herself up. I fell on the pavement as well and scraped up my knee.. It appears they tried to paint the cement but by doing so completely removed any traction on the pool deck.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear bdt77ar, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We are a very close walk to the main attractions in the area. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the stay completely.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to all the family members. We would like to thank you for bringing it to our notice and we made sure that it got fixed over the weekend. We apologize once again and would like to offer you a discount on your next visit.

Rakesh
Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Great location too $ 6.00 cab ride to downtown. Staff is very friendly and they even let me check in at 11 am which was totally awesome. I will definitely stay there again, Thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Steven R
Dear Steven R, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Nashville. We really appreciate your feedback. We are so looking forward to seeing you stay with us in the future

Rocky
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great stay at this hotel. Location convenient, 2 block wale to free public transportation which is great. Free parking, no extra fees. Room was so clean and comfortable. Hotel, public areas, clean and staff helpful and pleasant. Good free breakfast, lots of choices. Great price! Can not overemphasize how wonderful the location with the Nashville FreeMetro bus system. The Green and Blue lines are perfect. Also, near hotel, Sambuca Restaurant has great live music, food and staff.

Room Tip: Stay on top 3 floors, so quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe G
Dear Joe G, thank you very much for a wonderful feedback. You gave us no room to explain anything further. Thank you once again for your business and choosing us for your trip.