“desperation”

Best Western Plus Music Row
Ranked #53 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I stayed 1 night there and I was sure glad. Our room wasnt very clean, we had no soap or shampoo in our room, The maid was in the hall when I went out and she immediately told me that she didnt speak English, but I understood that. I had to go to the lobby and request soap and shampoo.Our beds were okay except when you got out of them the mattress would come up off of the frame. The next time I go to Nashville I would never stay there again or would I recommend it to anyone else.
Karen Hein-Owensboro, Ky.

Stayed: January 2008

Reviewed November 20, 2007

Rooms were clean and quiet, front hotel staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The breakfast wasn't fancy, but it was tasty enough to give a good start to the morning. There is nothing especially pretty about the neighborhood, but it's safe and you could walk to Belmont or Vanderbilt University within 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I should have kept driving when I saw the torn TN flag and filthy American flag! The lobby was nice and the staff was very friendly - that draws you in. The room was horrible as I have read in other reviews: improvements done by amatures, bad TV reception, mildew on the shower curtain, bad wallpaper-job, bad caulk-job, bad paint-job, dust bunnies by the bed, bad smell, filthy windows (on outside), had to force the room door open/closed, felt unsafe having side entrance/exit wedged open with a wet towel for duration of stay. At the very least - nice friendly staff with nice breakfast and a comfortable bed, but way overpriced and II wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2007

My friends and I go on a girls trip to Nashville, TN every year and every year we have stayed at The Best Western Music Row. We were looking for a hotel close to downtown that is clean and safe and thats exactly what The Best Western is. A cab ride to downtown from the hotel was less than ten dollars!! The staff was also very nice and accomodating. I would definatley reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel with a good price. In fact my boyfriend and I just booked it for a weekend in November!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2007

The Best Western music row was a great experience. We arrived in Nashville very early in the morning, around 8:00 and they gave us a room right away. Our room was on the fifth floor and a wonderful view of downtown. The room was average but quite big and very clean, which is my number one priority. The front desk was very helpful and the breakfast was good. You could walk to downtown from the hotel, which we did on the first day. But we ended up driving from then on because it was easy to get around and there was
plenty of parking. Be sure to check out Demos' steak and spaghetti house when you come, the food was great and the prices were really good.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 46red
Reviewed August 17, 2007

After reading the other reviews I decided to try it. I wish I hadn't. The only positives are the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Other than that the room was awful. The wallpaper was ripped and coming off. The floor had stains all over it. The bathroom mirror had been replaced and they hadn't repainted the area it didn't cover. The sheets barely fit the bed. They continually came off through the night. When we got there the bar area had a band playing and the cigarette smell when you walked into the hotel was overwhelming. This is the same room where they serve breakfast. We didn't even attempt breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2007

I went to nashville on my own for my 40th birthday. I stayed 7 nights in the best western. The hotel, was the finest. I wasnt looking for luxury, just a base. It fitted the bill. The staff were pleasent. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was buffet style and plenty of choice. The bar is manned by a couple of great guys, very friendly and like nearly everyone in nashville, quite talented!! Beware of the ATM in the bar...usually out of order, and unreliable. The taxi driver (with the cowboy hat) who services the hotel is brilliant. Very friendly and helpful. Not too far from downtown nashville.....$10 cab ride.
I went for the music and i wasn't dissappointed..... any amount of it from morning till night.....and all kinds from country swing to new country/rock.
Must see's and do's.......... The Grand ole Oprey, the general jackson riverboat..... honkey tonk bars in downtown......Oprey mills shopping mall..huge!!...... Will go again...and bring a gang of musicians with me...and i would stay again in the best western no problem.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo