“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Albany, NY
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Stayed here during CMA Fest. Very nice hotel. Convenient to highway. Very quiet despite being beside airport. Very cool rooms considering heat index was 100+. Excellent breakfasts at restaurant. Enjoyed our stay

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We were traveling from MO to the Smokey Mountains over Memorial Day weekend and stayed one night. We were very impressed with the hotel and acquired a great rate, which included breakfast buffet for 2 adults & the 2 kids. All amenities were exceptional as were staff. Love the design of the indoor / outdoor pool area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

This is a great property. As others have said, it is way better than the average airport hotel. Good size rooms with comfortable beds. Fantastic pool area that is indoor and outdoor at the same time. Breakfast was great but a little over priced. Service was great at the restaurant and with hotel staff in general. I highly recommend the Marriott Nashville Airport.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Things I like about this hotel:
-high quality sheets -- feel smooth and luxurious
-soft, fluffy towels
-great pillows
-good tv
-hot shower with good pressure
-room service comes quickly and tastes good
-in-hotel restaurant is quite decent
-very friendly staff -- everyone legitimately says hello and smiles and seems genuinely pleasant

Honestly, the only drawback is that wifi isn't free. Otherwise I highly, highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

My family & I stayed here while in Nashville for a college graduation because -- due to the city's flooding -- the original hotel we had booked oversold. At first, I was a little dismayed that we could only find locations by the airport since many times airport hotels tend to be rather simple or located far from city attractions or decent restaurants. That's why this hotel surprised me, because it had more appeal to us than a typical airport locations where I would end up staying on business!

Although the lobby's decor isn't anything overly elaborate, it's still elegant & cozy enough to adequately represent the Marriott name well. Although the lobby is a little compact, I liked the large tables in the center for laptops, and all the ample seating is never far from an electrical outlet to plug up various devices. Like most hotels in its price range: they charge for personal internet in the rooms, but Wifi is free in the lobby. I also like how the focal point centers on the indoor-portion of the pool, while off to each side of the lobby is a large balcony overlooking the grounds outside. This arrangement seems to make the lobby feel larger and more comfortable.

The one thing that struck me most was the spacious section for meetings or ballrooms. I wouldn't have really expected that in an airport location, more like something you'd see in a commercial area or downtown place. And the bar also is a decent size with lots of seating. The restaurant didn't disappoint me either. They had a very decent selection of breakfast buffet items, and we even enjoyed a delicious dinner one night at the hotel because it was raining and we didn't want to venture far away. It definitely lives up to what I have come to expect with Marriott food service.

One thing which surprises me most about the hotel is it has some lower-level poolside rooms featuring patios, not something someone normally finds at an airport hotel which obviously caters more to business clientèle than leisure travelers.

The rooms themselves have the common Marriott style, and ours was very clean with the plush Marriott bedding.

This is definitely a place I will gladly stay at again when visiting my family in the area, even though at first it wouldn't have been my original choice because overall I enjoyed the quality and service I experienced while there. Way to go again, Marriott, & please one of your guests. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TX-Traveller512
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

We are pretty regular customers with Marriott - and this Marriott was a big disappointment.

First, the rooms are very small. We'd spent a week in Kentucky and Tennessee, staying mostly in Courtyards, Residence Inns, Springhill Suites, and our room at the Nashville Airport Marriott was the least comfortable - and twice the price!

We attempted to have breakfast in the dining room. We were seated promptly but taken to a filthy table, covered with crumbs and food debris. Crumbs were also on the seats and floor. Host person brushed crumbs off of table with her hand and put menus down on table. I asked if we could move to clean table. She shrugged shoulders and said yes. We moved to adjacent table and it was just as dirty. We tried a third table and it was also dirty. Host person told us that cleanliness is only as good as evening bus boy. She didn't apologize or even attempt to clean the tables. She should have told us to wait while she and other staff prepared a table. I forgot to mention - there were no other customers in the restaurant. We accepted the dirty 3rd table. However, after sitting for 5 minutes with no service (no coffee, no sight of service) we just left and had breakfast in the lobby Starbucks.

I should also mention this Marriott was hosting the annual "Blood and Ink" convention, a tattoo and horror arts festival. It was a really non-Marriott type of group. I thought they would be loud, but surprisingly, this group didn't affect our stay.
I understand they meet at this Marriott every year.

We certainly will never return to this Marriott.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lakeland, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed one night at the Marriott Nashville Airport for the Nashville Marathon/Half Marathon. Our one concern: we were worried we would hear airplanes all the time. But we never hear any sounds from airplanes. The hotel is nice and clean with a friendly staff and the location is good. We will stay here again if we do the Half Marathon again.
Only complaint was the bed pillows, but we could of called the front desk for more, but was just too tired to do it. Beautiful, clean room and bathroom.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple