“Very Pleased- Typical Marriott”

Nashville Airport Marriott
Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 14, 2009

There's a reason I book with Marriott 90% of the time; they're all exactly the same. Of course when I'm traveling to some wonderful destination for a real vacation I might try a boutique hotel or something new, but for the majority of my trips Marriott is my choice. This hotel was just what I expected. It was clean, well appointed (for $130/ nt), had more than adequate dining, comfortable bed and pleasant staff. My only complaint would be the complimentary wireless in the lobby ONLY. You can purchase it in your room but the billing can be slightly confusing. I purchased "one day" of internet at about 11pm. Apparently my one day expired at midnight? so when I went on the next day I was charged again. They removed this at check out with no issue. The location is great. Indoor/ outdoor pool was very nice. There is a ton of room at the outdoor pool and lots of chaises. There is even a large grassy knoll which would be nice for someone traveling with children. All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 14, 2009

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here and will again. Nice rooms - modern - and beautiful hotel.
No matter where you stay you always have to ask for more towels. The main thing I look at is the bathroom and bed - if they are clean. It is all thumbs up !

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel 5-6 times over the past 4 months. Everything about the hotel is great. The rooms are modern and very clean. The gym has the same equipment that my gym at home does. I typically eat at Albert's and the food there is quite good and they offer both a bar menu as well as the full restaurant menu. The staff is always friendly and accomodating and the location is great (5 min to the airport; 15 min downtown with no traffic). All things being equal, a great hotel for your money. My travels to Nashville are for business, and there are plenty of hotels to choose from, yet I always decide to stay at this one.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We were in town the same weekend that the Georgia Bulldogs were visiting Vandy. Lots of bustling around in the hotel but the staff sure seemed up to the task. The room was very good, the whole hotel is very clean and efficiently laid out. We ate the breakfast buffet two straight mornings and although a little expensive, it was overall very good. Like other reviewers, I do find charges for internet very annoying. They do provide free internet access in lobby which served our needs well.

Re Bulldogs

The whole contingent ( team, coaches, cheerleaders, etc.) were here this weekend. These were the nicest, most polite people, A real classy group. This is coming from an old hard core Vol fan.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Luckily I booked my room by bidding on it, so I did not break the bank on this one. Please don't get me wrong, neither the hotel or the room are BAD. But for the price, they could try to not nickel and dime you the way other hotels do. Something around $15 per day for any kind of internet access. That's absolutely terrible.

The room itself was okay, nothing exceptional but still comfortable. For the price, the bathroom could have been a bit nicer. I did like the toiletries and the fact they gave makeup removal cloths.

Overall we had a great stay but little of it was related to the room or staff unfortunately. The TV was great, the bed was great. Everything else was unfortunately pretty average. Not what I expect from a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We have been staying here twice a year for the past 5 years. Our latest trip was in August, we were there for 4 days/nights. The room was a standard Marriott room with soft bedding, bathroom, LCD TV, dresser etc. The rooms and the hotel are clean and well maintained. There can't be enough said on how comfortable the bed is. I always get a great night's sleep while staying here.

There is a nice outdoor pool area, but it is situated near a major highway and can be a little noisy at times, but not too bad. The hotel also has an indoor pool as well. The Fitness center is small but has everything you need to help work off the Bar-B-Q meals. Lots of cardio machines, free weights, and weight machines. Towel service and free head-sets are available in the gym. There's a ton of free parking available.

I have yet to eat in the lounge or use room service, so can't comment on that. The hotel has a Starbucks as well. Ensure you grab a card if you drink a lot of coffee. They stamp it and give you a free one after your 5th. The prices were more expensive at the hotel then elsewhere in the city. The lobby is very clean and is a great place to just sit and relax. There's 2 computers in the lobby that require you to pay for internet time. The staff have always been helpful and courteous. The location of the hotel is great. It is close to the Opry, downtown, shopping, restaurants, and the major highways. I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Very nice hotel, clean and very attractive. The staff very friendly and helpful. Great to be able to leave car free for a week and take free shuttle. Would stay again for early flight.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple