“More than we expected!”

Loews Vanderbilt Hotel
Ranked #11 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed the weekend at Loews Vanderbilt during a weekend annual meeting for our company! Our experience was top notch from the time we arrived with valet, to checking in~ Lisa was very friendly, accommodating, and informative. She was super sweet and kind to us. The meeting rooms were always kept up. We always had water, paper, pens, snacks... The staff was fast, courteous, and even comical at times!!! We had dinner at Ruths Chris, and the staff there was amazing. The room was nice. Bed was super comfortable!!! I loved the shower!!! Saturday night, we had dinner in the ballroom~ I cannot describe how friendly the staff was and how accommodating! I felt like a princess being served. Perry? I am pretty sure was his name, and Anthony, I tried to remember their names because I was certain I was going to come to this site and give a review! Masons Lounge was relaxing, and just what I needed! We really didn't even need to leave the hotel to have a good time! But, I wanted to go downtown!! (which was fun!!) I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Nashville... You will love the ambiance, and the "Southern Hospitality" that the staff NAILED!!! I visit Nashville three times a year, and I will never stay anywhere else after my stay here!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kara S
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hello Kara S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time during your company’s annual meeting and that you got to experience our Banquet Team’s southern hospitality. Thank you for your kind words of Lisa and Perry as we will pass this information on to their Managers. We would certainly love to have you back whenever you’re in Nashville.
Best Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Everything we experienced upon our visit to Loews Vanderbilt in Nashville was top notch. From check in till the time we checked out we were very satisfied with the room, all of the staff and the restaurant we dined in. Spent our 20th anniversary there and were glad we chose that hotel for our stay. The check in staff were very friendly and made it sure that if you needed anything to please let them know and they would take care of our wants and needs. Dined at new Mason's restaurant and enjoyed the menu and the food, a great mix of selections for different tastes and a great atmosphere were well appreciated. Room service were fast, friendly and courteous and food was also delicious. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, even if you have children. They cater to everyone's desires or needs. Will be visiting Loews again for another stay guaranteed.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin T
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and review. It is wonderful to hear that you were well taken care of, especially on such a special occasion. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this, and we will look forward to having you return as our guest!

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel this weekend and was pretty much impressed with everything...with the exception of having to pay $26 a day to self park our car! The garage is part of the hotel so it's just a little redundant! Masons Restaurant was a nice treat also with a great wait staff and delish foodf! Nashville was above and beyond what we expected! We will return again and again to this beautiful city!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TessnTulsa
Ken B, Director of Food and Beverage at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

It is a very exciting time to visit Nashville, and we certainly appreciate your business in Mason's during your stay! We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel was wonderful! The entire staff was so friendly and helpful. I would say they have the BEST Bloody Mary. Spent three nights there as a "Mommy Getaway" and will definitely return.
Marcos, I could talk to all day. You genuinely felt like he loved his job and wanted me to have the best day/getaway. Rodrigo, great bartender, laid back, made you feel so at ease. Shannon and Katharine were two of the best concierges I've ever encountered.
Definitely, a big "Thank You" to Loews for a great weekend!
(Have to say, I usually stay at The Hutton when I visit Nashville. They were booked so that's how I ended up at Loews. So glad this happened. Nothing against The Hutton, but the staff, bar, and restaurant, as well as Ruth Chris's being right there, hands down, Loews will be my first call from now on!)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy A

Thank you for your kind words. We always enjoy having new guests! I am happy to hear you enjoyed Mason Bar. Kudos to our staff for making a lasting impression on you. We value all feedback, but it is always appreciated to hear our staff complimented by name.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Many good things to say about our stay here but the highlight would have to be the excellent service we received. From the valet parkers and bell staff to the front desk, everyone was quick to help us out with our various requests. And they did so with a cheerful attitude.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrownTrout13
Kadian S, Director of Rooms at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

I am so glad to hear the valet, bell staff, and front desk took such good care of you! It is always great to hear this feedback. We will look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel is in a great location and is very elegant. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was amazing. The only problem we had was that they advertise that they have shuttle service. We could never get one. Even our friends that had stayed times before had that problem so I think they may need more drivers. Other than that, this hotel is great.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view. Even though you're not right downtown, you can get a high lever room and g...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RDMoore2
Kadian S, Director of Rooms at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank your recent stay and positive review! I regret that you were unable to access our hotel vehicle during your stay. This is a complimentary service available on a first come first serve basis. However, I hope we are able to accommodate you during your next visit!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was my second visit to the hotel and it was just as nice. I stayed here about a year ago with my wife on a vacation to Nashville. This time was for a company national sales meeting for well over 200 people. The group breakfast was delicious and the hotel had plenty of help to make sure everything was smooth. Conference rooms were nice however one in particular near the elevator was blazing hot inside. We had to open the door which distracted from the meeting because music can be heard through the hotel lobby. Rooms are very clean but were missing a mini fridge to keep beverages cold. Bathrooms were modern and the shower was tiled and larger than usual. Lobby bar was amazing and very trendy. Enjoyed the sitting area in the lobby for a regional breakout that had a fireplace. I was pretty disappointment the fireplace was decor only and did not provide heat. While you can enjoy free coffee in your room, Starbucks coffee is provided in the lobby at an inflated rate. Overall, great stay and pretty close to the attractions of downtown. $15 cab ride

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Blankenboat
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We very much value our guests’ feedback! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. In the future, we do have refrigerators available upon request in the guest rooms. We appreciate your business, and hope to have you as our guest again soon.