“Low end of the reviews”

La Quinta Inn Nashville South
Ranked #114 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 1, 2013

With such a wide range of reviews I was not sure what to expect. We were finishing a round trip, by car, across the country with our dogs using La Quinta hotels throughout the trip.
Sadly this La Quinta is terrible. Broken furniture, mold in the bathroom tile, rust on the tub, broken baseboards, chipped paint, no clock in the room, an air-conditioner that has never seen a decent cleaning - just full of dirt and dust and a rug that is very old and worn.
The employees were pleasant and OK to work with. When I brought all of these concerns to their attention my room was free. Unfortunately I would rather a decent room and have paid for it.
Just who is responsible for reviewing room preparation, cleanliness, and a room in acceptable condition?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I'm so glad I read these reviews to find out what that horrible screeching noise was that kept me up all night. Not to mention you can hear everything going on outside. I was startled all hours of the night by loud people talking nearby and the train noises. The staff was friendly and helpful but room was not very clean, the entire room had a horrible smell of cat urine and the toilet paper roll was from the guests before us because it was nearly empty...also we saw a few bugs. Overall good location but it guess you get what you pay for

• Stayed: September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As soon as we arrived here we were startled by some sort of constant screeching noise (which was later determined to be a train). The room smelled like someone was smoking packs of cigarettes contestantly even though we requested a non-smoking room. The towels and counters had someone else's hair on them and my husband and I had to leave our flip flops on to walk around on the dirty carpet. The concrete outside our room appeared to have blood stains on it...I think that I may have seen this hotel on cops once. If I could do it all over again I would have sprung for a more expensive place. I do not recommend even stepping foot here. Will have to say that the staff was friendly...that's the only good thing here.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank sadidas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We reserved our room online and got it for $65 a night (before all the taxes). It is definitely an older hotel and I didn't really care for the outdoor entrances but there is nothing wrong with it. The air conditioner kept the room rather cool. The TV and remote worked well, the beds were clean and comfortable. The shower head in our room was at a height of about 6' when I am 6' 2" so I had to duck a bit to wash my hair. Overall the room served its purpose and we slept well even being over the pool area. The location was fantastic, you are literally right next to highway and it is super easy to jump on I-65 and go where you need to go. Water pressure was good and hot water was hot. Breakfast was waffles, cereal, fruit and bagels etc...no sausage or bacon or eggs. The staff worked hard to take care of our requests when we had one. The free wi-fi was weak but I had my jetpack so I used that instead. Overall it was exactly what we paid for and served its purpose.

Room Tip: We stayed over the pool and did not have noise problems if you are going to be on the second floor I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first experience to travel with a pet. Myself and my mother both have small dogs and chose this Motel because of the location and welcome of pets. We were also looking for a place that had exterior door entrances because we knew it would be much easier with our pets being trained to go to the door when it needs to potty. The location was nice with restaurants and shopping close by and everything, including downtown Nashville and Cool Springs Galleria in Franklin, were all within a 5-10 minute drive! There was a large grassy area right outside our door to let the dogs walk around without being right in the middle of everything. Prices were very reasonable. Word of advice.... If you reserve your room any other place other than directly with the motel, make sure you check in advance for anything extra. We reserved a room with frig & microwave, but when we got there, we had a plain room because the place we reserved through did not relay the request to the motel. However, La Quinta was very accommodating and got us one ASAP. Mind you, it isn't a fancy place by no means, and not as nice as we normally stay, but it was clean, the beds were super comfortable, and perfect for what we needed. And again, the location was GREAT to everything around!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds
La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Comfort Inn Nashville/White Bridge
Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
MainStay Suites Brentwood
MainStay Suites Brentwood
#12 of 20 in Brentwood

Been to La Quinta Inn Nashville South? Share your experiences!