“Got what I expected”

La Quinta Inn Nashville South
Ranked #116 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We reserved our room online and got it for $65 a night (before all the taxes). It is definitely an older hotel and I didn't really care for the outdoor entrances but there is nothing wrong with it. The air conditioner kept the room rather cool. The TV and remote worked well, the beds were clean and comfortable. The shower head in our room was at a height of about 6' when I am 6' 2" so I had to duck a bit to wash my hair. Overall the room served its purpose and we slept well even being over the pool area. The location was fantastic, you are literally right next to highway and it is super easy to jump on I-65 and go where you need to go. Water pressure was good and hot water was hot. Breakfast was waffles, cereal, fruit and bagels etc...no sausage or bacon or eggs. The staff worked hard to take care of our requests when we had one. The free wi-fi was weak but I had my jetpack so I used that instead. Overall it was exactly what we paid for and served its purpose.

Room Tip: We stayed over the pool and did not have noise problems if you are going to be on the second floor I...

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first experience to travel with a pet. Myself and my mother both have small dogs and chose this Motel because of the location and welcome of pets. We were also looking for a place that had exterior door entrances because we knew it would be much easier with our pets being trained to go to the door when it needs to potty. The location was nice with restaurants and shopping close by and everything, including downtown Nashville and Cool Springs Galleria in Franklin, were all within a 5-10 minute drive! There was a large grassy area right outside our door to let the dogs walk around without being right in the middle of everything. Prices were very reasonable. Word of advice.... If you reserve your room any other place other than directly with the motel, make sure you check in advance for anything extra. We reserved a room with frig & microwave, but when we got there, we had a plain room because the place we reserved through did not relay the request to the motel. However, La Quinta was very accommodating and got us one ASAP. Mind you, it isn't a fancy place by no means, and not as nice as we normally stay, but it was clean, the beds were super comfortable, and perfect for what we needed. And again, the location was GREAT to everything around!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is older and showing it. The value of what you get for your money is average for Nashville. OK, maybe a little under average.
When we checked in the desk clerk informed us that we would have to fill out a survey when we checked out. If we didn't give the hotel the highest ratings they wouldn't get a raise. Playing the sympathy card.
Our first room was visibly dirty. The carpet had not been vacuumed and there was debris in the corners. We moved to a room closer to the pool, which BTW is by far the best feature of the hotel, and that room appeared cleaner. However, walking on the tile floor of the bathroom with clean, wet feet produced muddy smudges. The internet connection is problematic at best.
On the plus side, the area is noisy, but the rooms are well insulated so that didn't bother us. The staff tries hard to be very helpful and generally succeeds. There are a lot of places to see and shopping is close by. You're only a few minutes from downtown.
Overall I would not have picked this hotel. We're traveling with a friend who made the arrangements, but we will notbe staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Everything about this property is horrible. The room was so dirty, we had to laugh. There was hair and other remains in the bathroom floor and on the countertops. The floor was not vacuumed and had visible dirt all over it. The cable went out at 9:45 Friday night. The sound of trains all night from directly across the street was amusing. The breakfast was so disgusting we ended up eating elsewhere. Both room keys disabled during our stay..

1  Thank VandyDadChris
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The title says it all! If you need somewhere to sleep and you packed earplugs, then this might be your place. I have no major complaints about the breakfast or employees. The motel needs a facelift and cleanliness needs to be addressed (we found a receipt under edge of bed from 2 weeks ago). There is some sort of train area near the hotel or a loud screeching sound that continued for quite some time. I checked out one day early and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for 4 nights-stale cigarette smell in each, mold on shower curtains, bathroom mirror had water spots on it when we arrived, rooms not serviced after first night and had to get clean towels from front desk. The light in shower/toilet in one room did not work and had to ask several times for someone to look at, he fixed but 30 minutes later it was out again, they moved us to a different room that had a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower. There was hair in the corner on bathroom floor. Lots of noise in the surrounding area at night making it hard to sleep. Breakfast was okay but had to request items that were empty.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Gene D
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stay at LQs often because of a professional association discount. We know there will always at least be waffles and coffee for breakfast. This hotel gets a mixed review from me.

Pro- The staff was GREAT! They were so friendly at check-in, and the lobby was very clean. Check-in and check-out were both very quick. Breakfast was good. Our family loves waffles so that was the biggest plus.

Con- When we got up to our room, the door was ajar. The safety bar had been closed when the door was open, leaving the door open. After doing a check of the room, I called the front desk, who said that sometimes housekeeping does that, and she would alert the housekeeping manager. If I were staying more than one night, leaving my stuff in the room while housekeeping cleaned, I would have been nervous about my room being left open.

The room was clean enough, but it just had the feeling of an old hotel.

The biggest negative to our experience was the location. It was across the street from the train depot. Trains came in and out all night long, and I heard the track screeches all night. Now I know why that hotel was so cheap compared to others we looked at! For me, it was definitely not worth the savings.

Breakfast was a typical LQ low-end breakfast. Waffles, cereal, yogurt, toast.

Overall, I've noticed with LQs that if the room doors open to the outside, it's not going to be that great, but if the doors open to the inside, the hotel is a lot nicer. I'll definitely be checking for that in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family