“Great experience all around!”

Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt
Ranked #20 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Huntsville
“Great experience all around!”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

This was a great place to stay. Affordable and clean.

Con: Rooms are a little dark because windows are kinda small and the light bulbs are those energy efficient ones and they aren't very bright. That was the only negative I could think of haha.

Pros: Great staff! This was the first place I've ever stayed where when you place a "Do not disturb" sign on the door, they leave you a little goody bag full of fresh towels and soap for you to use the next day!! How amazing is that!

Also the bed was like sleeping on air! SO comfy and pillows were amazing! The bathroom was huge too. Had a 3 sided mirror curved along the wall so you could check yourself at all angles which was nice when getting ready.

The bed was too comfy and we didn't make it down to breakfast in time, but I'm sure it would have been great as well haha. Location is real good too. Right across the street are some good restaurants and bars. The aroma was fantastic :)

Will Defiantly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Customer service was excellent--they were friendly, helpful with directions, and the manager hand delivered a hair dryer when we realized there wasn't one in the room. The breakfast was also very good--it included hot items like sausage, biscuits & gravy, eggs, plus all the usual suspects. HOWEVER, the other aspects of our stay were not pleasant--we were assigned a room on the ground floor about halfway bt the pool and the lobby. It was SO LOUD both nights we stayed that we were awakened numerous times by people in the lobby and people walking up and down the hallway. In fact, on the first night we arrived, there was a huge group of people in the lobby with coolers drinking beer and carrying on when we checked in at 11:30pm. If you stay here I would highly recommend that you request a room on the second floor or higher. The other complaint I have is that our room was never made up. We took the "do not disturb sign" off our door and left the hotel from 10am until after 1:30pm and housekeeping had still not come! This is literally the first time in my life that a hotel has failed to clean my room when I was gone for several hours in the middle of the day. So, overall, while this hotel was adequate and met our basic needs, it was NOT a relaxing stay and we will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2010
NC
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed 4 nights, for a leisure trip/getaway, and was very pleased. The nightly rate, with AAA or AARP was about $85, which is quite good for what you get. First, it is conveniently located to both Vanderbilt, downtown, the Parthenon, and I-40. Parking is free. They serve a hot breakfast buffet. They baked cookies in the afternoon, and coffee is there all day. The staff were friendly, a biggie in my book, and even the custodial staff were cheerful and friendly. The room is nicely appointed, with decent-sized bathroom, drawers, armoire, and flat screen TV. The two elevators are fast. Just across the street is the Blackstone microbrewery, which we visited three times (I highly recommend it). I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed March 19, 2010

For those of you who need advice choosing between this Hampton Inn (West End) and the Hampton Inn Elliston Place, please refer to the bottom of my review.

I've stayed at dozens of Hampton Inns. The Hampton Inn Vanderbilt on West End is slightly below average, but I would definitely stay here again. The free parking is a very big benefit since many of the other hotels in close proximity to Vanderbilt charge as much as $25 per night for parking.

This Hampton Inn is located close to many good restaurant options and directly across the street from Pie in the Sky Pizza, Amerigo, and Blackstone Brewpub. Several other restaurants are within a short walk.

The room was very quiet at night, but perhaps because of the lack of "neighbors" as it appeared that one of the adjoining rooms was empty. The bed was fair, I tossed a turned a lot, but I got a little sleep. The bathroom needs updating, but the shower water pressure was acceptable. The toilet has a very low-power flush, so be aware if you're traveling with kids who use wipes.

The fitness center is nice enough to use, I guess. It had 2 or 3 pieces of cardio equipment. I have very strict requirements that must be met before I'd rate a hotel's fitness center as good or great. So far, I've never seen a great one in a Hampton Inn.

We stayed only one night and I did not get to try the free breakfast items because my wife had early-morning surgery at Vanderbilt the morning that we checked out.

Regarding this hotel: I would recommend staying at the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt on West End. I would stay here again, especially if the rate was lower than the Elliston Place location.

By the way, within the same week (March 14 - 20), I stayed at both the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt on West End and the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt Elliston Place. The quality of the rooms is basically the same at both hotels. I found the beds to be slightly more comfortable at the West End Hampton. Both have free internet, free parking, a pool, and a fitness center. The exterior of the Elliston Place Hampton Inn is nicer, but who cares about that? Once inside, both of the hotels need updating. The staff was a little friendlier at the Elliston Place location.

My recommendation would be to let the nightly rate govern where you stay. If the nightly rate was exactly the same, I'd recommend staying at the Elliston Place location over the West End location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I couldn't beat the price, and the location was very nice. The rooms were just average for a Hampton, but no real complaints -- clean enough and quiet enough although nothing outstanding.
It was nice to have plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance, and it's reasonably close to the Interstate, which was a plus.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have stayed in a few hotels near Vanderbilt, and this one is consistently my favorite one. I've been there 6 or 8 times now, i believe, and will certainly return again.
* The room is always very clean, the flat screen TV is wonderful, the bed very comfortable (with plenty of fluffy pillows), and the continental breakfast is plentiful and generally pretty tasty.
* The USA Today arrives under your door in the morning, and take-out breakfast bags are also available.
* Coffee and apples are available around the clock in the lobby, plus there's a coffee maker in the room. (I really love the microbrewery across the street, too - Blackstone - but many other great restaurants are a close walk away.)
* Free wireless is always a plus, and theirs seems pretty fast and stable.
* The front desk staff are always polite, and they have a great selection of free items at the counter in case I forgot a particular item (e.g. razor, toothbrush.)
* There's a computer in the front lobby for printing boarding passes, etc.
* And while I typically don't have to pay for my room (it's paid for by the companies I come in for), my sense is that the rates are pretty reasonable for what you get.

All in all, I think the only complaint I've had is that they don't have enough seating in their breakfast area. Outside of that, I'm always glad to stay there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank DifferentVoice
Scotland
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn during the CMA Music Festival June 2009 and couldn't fault it. Everyone was so friendly and made our stay so welcoming. The breakfasts were great and set us up for the day. There a couple of good restaurants across the road from the hotel and could definitely recommend them. Nothing was a bother for the staff and they even got us a timetable for the local buses. Would use this chain of hotels again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple