Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt
$299
Hotels.com
$149
1,286 results
All reviewsfree shuttlefront deskbreakfast staffwest endshuttle servicemile radiusnashville vanderbiltrestaurants within walking distancethe breakfast areadowntown areafree breakfastmusic rowoutdoor poolclean roomswould stay here againcentennial parkrestaurants and bars
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely ridiculous. I stayed here for one night with my girlfriends for a concert, we're 22/23yo and understand everyone's here for a good time... We were wrapping up a 9 day road trip to Florida and New Orleans. However, from 1am until 4am expect to be woken up every 10-15minutes by extremely obnoxious, heavily intoxicated ADULTS. I had to call the front desk staff several times to beg them to tell the people screaming outside my door (located on the first floor just down from the lobby) to be quiet! Granted, a security officer was quick to arrive, but the problem was repetitive. I was especially frustrated because I had to be up at 6am and drive 9 hours back home. I do feel bad, because this wasn't necessarily the hotels direct fault but after being told to be quiet and putting up a fight and doing the exact same thing 5 minutes later those guests should've been asked to leave the property.

This might have been a fluke visit but oh my goodness was it miserable. I got no sleep.

As for the rest of the hotel... The beds were really creaky, as if the mattresses were just really old. My room smelled mildly like wet animals too... BUT That was the worst of it. Everything else was nice. So like I said, it might've been a one time thing with the loudness but it definitely ruined my stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank b_inwonderland55
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I guess you get what you pay for. It was fairly inexpensive compared to other hotels but feel cheated as it stated as name is Hampton Inn and Suites and this room is NOT a suite in any way unless they can call rooms suites because they have a mini frig in it. It was very small and kind of tired looking. The walls are VERY thin. We could hear EVERYTHING happening in the room next door. I will say that the staff was friendly and nice. Another plus is proximity to the campus which is why we came I the first place. Would I come again? No.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jenine m
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The main reason for our visit to the area was a visit to Vanderbilt for my college bound daughter. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly any time I interacted with them. The breakfast was more than adequate with many hot selections such as biscuits and gravy, sausage, make your own waffles and more. They also had a selection of fresh fruits, breads and bagels, cereals, a variety of juices and coffee.

The room was adequate for our 2 night stay. There was a mini fridge which was convenient but did not keep drinks very cold and was a bit noisy when it kicked on but tolerable. The beds and bedding were comfortable. I wouldn't describe the room as spacious but it was adequate for our needs. In our double queen room there was only one nightstand with a clock that did not show up in the dark. I also noticed the absence of adequate electrical outlets. The room also was dark without strong lighting if you wanted/needed it.
During our stay one of the two elevators were out of service which made it slow going at busier times - but I wouldn't fault them for that, there was someone there working on it both days of our stay. It happens.

Location:
We really liked the location. We were able to walk to our scheduled Vanderbilt tour, as it was only 1/2 mile down the road on the same side of the street. Plenty of restaurants all around the hotel. We enjoyed lunch right behind the hotel at The Row. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle to anywhere within a 2 mile radius. We did not take advantage of this service.

Overall:
I would say I would stay here again if I needed to visit the college and could only stay in a hotel. It was decent and clean and the service was good. It's a nice average hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CoastalDreamer70
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here with my family during a visit to Vanderbilt. The service was very good; the front desk staff was friendly and very helpful when asking for directions or for a recommendation as to where to eat. The room was very spacious and clean as should be expected from a Hampton Inn. The bed was outstanding, very comfortable and the pillows were soft and fluffy. The free breakfast was very good with quite a few items to choose from. I would recommend get down to breakfast early as the breakfast area is a tad small and the available tables fill up rather quickly. Location was great; it was a short walk from Vanderbilt or a quick drive to the downtown attractions. The hotel does offer a free shuttle that would take you anywhere within a two mile radius of the hotel. The only downside to the shuttle service was it quit running at 11:00 pm. I would recommend the Hampton Inn to anyone looking for a good place to stay around Vanderbilt.

1  Thank KevinM580
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel was average, except that one elevator was inoperable, and the pool was under repair. They offered a hot breakfast but strangely there were no grits. One would expect bagels if traveling New York City. Here in the South breakfast is not complete without grits. Even the kids complained about the strange absence of grits. ???

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Tommy S