“Great place to stay in Nashville”

Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt
Ranked #23 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Staff very helpful. Rooms comfortable and good choices for the breakfast buffet. We were there for my daughters 21st birthday. They had a gift in the room for her! Very quick and helpful if we needed anything or had any questions. There were 4 of us in our group and all will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for two nights during our holiday roadtrip and were very pleased. The location was ideal for us, as we wanted to see the Vanderbilt campus, and also for the convenient interstate access. (It doesn't hurt that there's a Chuy's restaurant just a block away!)

Very nicely apportioned room. We're generally very pleased with Hamptons, but this seemed a tick above the usual for the chain.

It seemed a bit odd to have the breakfast area be in the "basement" of the hotel, but it was actually kind of nice to have it be so separate from the lobby area.

There was a tornado warning one of the nights we stayed there and the staff did a fantastic job of calmly evacuating everyone down to the basement level. We were only down there for 30 minutes or so, but they were prepared with bottled water and kept everyone very comfortable. Not the sort of incident you expect during late December, but it was certainly handled very well.

The only minor annoyance of the stay was that there was a bachelorette gathering happening in the room across from us on our first night. Thankfully, the ladies tired themselves out pretty early.

Not sure if our travels will bring us back to Nashville. But if they do, we'll definitely return to this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: We always choose an upper-floor room and did here, too. It worked out well.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcboy
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The value for the money for exceeded my expectations. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. Very helpful to have use of a shuttle to get downtown free of charge. I felt safe in the area. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on West End a few mos ago while in Nashville, and I much preferred The Hampton Inn on West Inn. The breakfast was much better than I expected as well. GREAT VALUE!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed at this location twice while traveling to the Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. The front desk was very accommodating each stay. The rooms were very clean and welcoming. But, expect no less from because of other Hampton's I have stayed at. This one lives up to the standard I have come to love from Hampton. My only wish was I had a microwave in my room. Other than that, it is great!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

A great location for 2 Universites Vanderbuilt and Belmont. Pleasant staff and the usual comfort of Hampton Inns. I believe we have stayed in most of the Hilton properties and this area and while this was our first stay here (booked it thinking it was another Hampton) we were pleasantly and consistantly pleased.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great and most of the staff went above and beyond. We were moved to Nashville for medical reasons and the hotel was less than 5 minutes from the hospital. Our cleaning lady was awesome and so was the breakfast. We would have stayed longer but we could not keep the same rate due to New Years.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 3, 2014

unfortunately we had to visit this property due to unfortunate medical issues with our daughter. from the moment we checked in till we checked out this property was by and far one of the best that I have stayed in and I travel and stay in a lot of hotels for work. The staff was one of the most courteous and friendly that I have ever come across. Rod Lindsey the GM was great and very attentive to his patrons and property. James/Kevin/LaRon/Stephano/Andy/Courtney and Mr.Jackson and Curtis were all excellent and helped us and my family in all regards and quite simply I wish I could do more than offer this review but if you are ever in the Nashville area and need a place to stay I would highly recommend that you give Rod and his staff a chance to earn your business

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family