“better than downtown!”

Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt
Ranked #24 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 30, 2013

my husband, daughter & i recently enjoyed a 2 night stay while we visited vanderbilt university. on our first ever visit to nashville earlier in the year we stayed downtown, thinking it would be an easy way to spend time on and around broadway. on that trip we realized the downtown area was a bit hilly & did not lend itself to going back & forth from our hotel to broadway as we had hoped it would. too close to drive or take a cab, but too hilly to walk it too often. i learned from reading tripadvisor : ) that the hampton inn was close to vandy but also provided a shuttle to downtown. sounded perfect & it was! i think we reserved one of the last rooms in the hotel, as all that was left online was an accessible room with a queen size bed (for 3 people!). i called & they promised to give us a rollaway for our daughter, but i was worried! when we arrived, they had already switched us to a beautiful room on the 5th floor in the back. not a great view but nice & quiet. the room was modern & clean & we LOVED the fact that the duvet covers were truly clean (& are evidently laundered after each visit). another great idea is the nitelite in the bathroom! add to that free breakfast, free wifi in the room, free parking & the shuttle & it's like they read my hotel wish list! we have already booked 2 future stays at this hotel & can't think of any reason we would ever switch to another hotel in nashville. all the employees were super friendly & helpful, especially the shuttle driver, who was as nice as could be. one last thing: although i had made the reservations, etc, my husband handled the check-in & when we got home i realized that we had never received the vanderbilt t-shirt we were promised as part of the prospective student rate (my husband didn't know about this & it just fell thru the cracks). i called the hotel & they apologized & we received it today via fedex! we are very happy with this place!

Room Tip: i would try to avoid the 1st floor, as everyone has to walk past your room to get to the elevator &a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Excellent staff and good location to Vanderbilt University Hospital.The rooms were very clean. Good coffee and very fresh. Good fresh fruit for breakfast. We like eggs for breakfast. Instead they had some kind of scrambled egg and cheese pattie, I think. Decided to have a box of cereal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good value for the money. Room was clean and updated. Not within walking distance of a lot of things but a quick drive or cab ride away. Not far away from a Green Hills Mall which was very nice. Close to lots of things to do in downtown Nashsville.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on 5th April to see a band at Laylas and had a wonderful time at this hotel. Lovely location, comfortable room and great service. We hope to return next year and hope to book this hotel again. Thank you x

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn after giving a lecture at Vanderbilt. The staff were extremely friendly, and I liked everything about the hotel. I travel around 400,000 miles/year and stay in a lot of hotels. This Hampton Inn is one of the best hotel I've stayed in recently, and I unequivocally recommend it.

1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel was ok during my recent stay for business. I thought the staff was very friendly during checking, when calling for a wake-up, and at breakfast. The room seemed clean, as most Hamptons do. The location was convenient and we ate at an Italian restaurant across the street.

I took issues with two things. First, I worked in my room until late at night, and it seemed dark to me. I work in a lot of hotel rooms and never really thought about this being an issue before. There is just a very small desk with two small lights directed to it. Maybe I'm just used to a lamp on the desk. Anyway, if you do not have a lot of "small print" to read, this is no big deal.

I also thought that my air conditioner was loud. It woke me up several times during the night. The business partner I traveled with mentioned the same problem with the system in his room. When the thermostat came on, there was a loud "click," and then the unit began it's work. Between the click and the unit starting, it woke me up 4-5 times.

The breakfast was typical for a Hampton. I thought the selection was fine.

I was a little put out by the shuttle service. Our meeting was 1.1 miles from the hotel. We asked the front desk the night before if a shuttle could take us. They replied that the shuttle was "first come, first served." That seemed a little strange. I presume that this is some sort of policy for this Hampton, so I am not blaming this on the staff. Anyway, 30 minutes before our meeting time, the shuttle was "serving," and they could not tell us when it would return. Because we had several boxes to carry, we caught a cab and then called the same driver after the meeting to take us to the airport in order to give him a better fare.

All in all, it was an average, ok stay. I'm not sure I would go out of may way to stay here if I'm in Nashville for business again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location on west end. My room had recently been remodeled and was nicely done. Staff was extremely friendly, helpful with restaurant choices and efficient. As far as Hamptons go, above average here. Good breakfast included.

Room Tip: West End facing rooms are not as quiet if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business