“Room Review”

Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt
Ranked #24 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good value for the money. Room was clean and updated. Not within walking distance of a lot of things but a quick drive or cab ride away. Not far away from a Green Hills Mall which was very nice. Close to lots of things to do in downtown Nashsville.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on 5th April to see a band at Laylas and had a wonderful time at this hotel. Lovely location, comfortable room and great service. We hope to return next year and hope to book this hotel again. Thank you x

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn after giving a lecture at Vanderbilt. The staff were extremely friendly, and I liked everything about the hotel. I travel around 400,000 miles/year and stay in a lot of hotels. This Hampton Inn is one of the best hotel I've stayed in recently, and I unequivocally recommend it.

1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel was ok during my recent stay for business. I thought the staff was very friendly during checking, when calling for a wake-up, and at breakfast. The room seemed clean, as most Hamptons do. The location was convenient and we ate at an Italian restaurant across the street.

I took issues with two things. First, I worked in my room until late at night, and it seemed dark to me. I work in a lot of hotel rooms and never really thought about this being an issue before. There is just a very small desk with two small lights directed to it. Maybe I'm just used to a lamp on the desk. Anyway, if you do not have a lot of "small print" to read, this is no big deal.

I also thought that my air conditioner was loud. It woke me up several times during the night. The business partner I traveled with mentioned the same problem with the system in his room. When the thermostat came on, there was a loud "click," and then the unit began it's work. Between the click and the unit starting, it woke me up 4-5 times.

The breakfast was typical for a Hampton. I thought the selection was fine.

I was a little put out by the shuttle service. Our meeting was 1.1 miles from the hotel. We asked the front desk the night before if a shuttle could take us. They replied that the shuttle was "first come, first served." That seemed a little strange. I presume that this is some sort of policy for this Hampton, so I am not blaming this on the staff. Anyway, 30 minutes before our meeting time, the shuttle was "serving," and they could not tell us when it would return. Because we had several boxes to carry, we caught a cab and then called the same driver after the meeting to take us to the airport in order to give him a better fare.

All in all, it was an average, ok stay. I'm not sure I would go out of may way to stay here if I'm in Nashville for business again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location on west end. My room had recently been remodeled and was nicely done. Staff was extremely friendly, helpful with restaurant choices and efficient. As far as Hamptons go, above average here. Good breakfast included.

Room Tip: West End facing rooms are not as quiet if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A very nice hotel and a preferred one for University visitors. Very conveniently located to Vanderbilt campus and a host of other downtown destinations. Excellent rooms and amenities. Comfy beds.

Location makes it bit pricey compared to other places you could stay in town. Always bustling with college students, their families and casual visitors. Great breakfast, but too small for the amount of people that gather there every day morning. I remember waiting for the ONLY waffle machine for nearly 25 minutes! The breakfast setup is not very scalable for large crowds, and hungry people ( without caffeine ) usually don't have too much patience. They need to rethink the breakfast arrangement.

Nights were noisy due to the location. The hospital is just down the road and siren from emergency vehicles just added to the misery of road noise, even though our room was away from the road.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the front of the hotel farthest from the main road. Walk Pantheon one of the ev...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was well inpressed how clean the room was. I like the fact that all bed covers are cleaned every day for everyone. We were in town for medical reasons and we were very contfortable in the Hampton. The medical rate was a help as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple