“Great hotel in decent location”

Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt
Ranked #23 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“Great hotel in decent location”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. Its not downtown but there are loads of places nearby to eat and drink.

There is a free shuttle bus to downtown, if not a taxi is $6 or the bus $1.70 and there is a stop right outside the hotel.

The free breakfast and morning paper was good. The free wifi works thoughout the hotel and pool area.

We are planing to return to Nashville soon, when we do it's likely we will come back here.

Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. We have recently expanded the service to include the evenings, and we have received excellent response from our guests. We would love to have you back the next time you are in Nashville. Thank you for making Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt your home away from home during your time in Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My first stay at this hotel was for a personal trip and was not pleasant due to malfunctioning heater that would not cut off. However, I had to return to this hotel for work -- work booked the hotel and paid for it. I have stayed here about four more times and have been pleased. They recently did some remodeling and one of my stays for work was during that. Their changes are nice and the hotel inside is really nice, too. The parking lot is cramped. There is some covered parking, though. The exercise room is minimal and is on the ground floor. Breakfast area is on the ground floor. Front entrance and lobby are on first floor. Most Hamptons have breakfast near the front desk area but this one is on a different floor. The rooms I've had lately have been very comfortable, well cleaned, and the staff pleasant. The breakfast is really nice with a good variety of options. Their oatmeal is even good! This is in the downtown area and you hear ambulances every now and then headed to the nearby hospital. It is right across the street from a good Italian place Amerigo's and also a brewery/pub restaurant. There are a number of eating places within a short drive. If I needed to be in this area again for a personal trip, I'd choose the other Hampton Inn down the road because I like that one better-- that address is on Elliston Place and is only about a mile further down the road and is near more eating places. This hotel on West
End has more of a business feel but it is good, though.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is on first floor. The land slopes so there is a lower floor. The exercise room and b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 2doglady
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We greatly appreciate the stamp of approval, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. You are absolutely correct that most Hampton Inns have the breakfast near the Front Desk. After our remodel, which was finished in January of this year, the ground floor offered more space for our guests to enjoy breakfast. We are currently in the planning stage of a parking lot restructure. Some spaces are small, so we are determining the best way to maximize our space. When you return to Nashville, I do hope that you consider staying with us again. I am not sure if you took advantage of it, but we have a complimentary shuttle that runs from 7am to 11pm Monday through Friday.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights.
Check-in was frustrating. They had my reservation but when they gave me the room, neglected to tell me it was on the ground floor....when I lugged my suitcases up and down the halls searching for the room, the numbers only went to 139 while my room was clearly written down as 143. I returned to the front desk. The woman receptionist was very cold and told me the room was one level below-- room G143. No apology. No offer to help me with my bags.
Once I found the room, things went more smoothly.
The hotel location is indeed fabulous--very close to many of the tourist sites (Parthenon, Music Row, Belmont Mansion) and great restaurants.
The breakfast bar was ok.
The room was comfortable.
The real bright spot was Craig the shuttle driver. He was awesome!! Gave me great ideas on where to visit and shuttled me, for free, within a two mile radius. He dropped me at Music Row one night and when I called to return at 10:30 he arrived within minutes and safely dropped me off at the hotel. Craig is fabulous.

Room Tip: The ground floor is great, cool and fairly quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville / Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for candid comments regarding your recent stay with us. I want to offer my personal apologies for the service issue you experienced. I want to assure you that I will address this issue with the team Thank you also for your comments about Craig. He has been a terrific addition to the team, and his knowledge of the area is a great benefit to our guests. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt during your time in Nashville, and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This Hampton Inn is across the street from the Cathedral, a block from Vanderbilt, .6 miles from Centennial park and the Parthenon, 3 - 4 blocks from several great restaurants (South Street, Amerigos and more) and 10 min to drive and park downtown. Plus it looks and smells new, terrific and varied hot breakfast, popcorn afternoons (weekdays), coffee/tea always and the staff are friendly and on top of it all. Oh yes and my daughter loved the free internet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BeverlyJB
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed 7 nights at the Hampton during the CMA Festival 2012 and had an awesome time. The room was brand new, nicely decorated. Bed was comfy, front desk was awesome... I would've liked to have had a personal microwave but one is provided in the lobby for guests to use. They provide coffee / tea 24/7 in the lobby, which was quite good, since I am a coffee snob..lol. Lobby is warm and inviting, brand new nicely decorated. Great overall atmosphere.

This is a nonsmoking hotel and we smoke, at first I looked at this as an inconvenience but to my surprise it allowed us to make new friends (since we spent a considerable amount of time smoking by the pool) The pool area looked small at first glance but it did accommodate more than I imagined. Everyone was super friendly, the hotel staff was awesome, from the front desk, to the kitchen staff to maintenance, to the ground keepers... every one had great attitudes always pitching in helping one another - I could definitely sense a "team" effort.

Business center is set up nicely, serves your basic needs. they offer free wi fi and free daily breakfast but its a step up from your traditional "continental breakfast" fare. They have a hot plate which offered 1 type of cooked eggs, 1 type of breakfast meat and 1 starch (potato / french toast sticks). They have an awesome staff, everyone of them had a smile on their face.

This is the 2nd festival we attended and we LOVE this location, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel if you choose to travel via public transportation ($1.70 and they take dollar bills). There is restaurants right across the street, Checkers, Taco Bell, Jack in the box, 2 Italian rest, and Blackstone brewery who serves up a good Ribeye...right around the corner you can find a pizzeria (and coming from NYC I must say the pizza was good, fresh) there is also a diner, which is very good as well... .within a 10- 15 min walk heading toward the Vanderbilt campus whether on Broadway or West End you will find 5 Guys, SATCO (San Antonio taco company) Wendy's, Subway, Panera Bread, Starbucks, CVS...there are local bars close by as well. I am sure there is much more we didnt discover.

The hotel offers a shuttle service M-F within a 1 mi radius. I learned this service had just been implemented a week or 2 prior to the festival, this is the only area I think they need to improve on, but I am sure they will once they work out the kinks.

I was upset that the shuttle service wasnt more organized to accommodate the festival goers, maybe extending their daily hours of operation as well as through weekend.

We used the service 2x while there. We mostly took a taxi and one time the city bus. Taxi cost is within reason, meter starts out with $3 + $1 for each additional passenger, due to the festival, there was a considerable amount of traffic and detours which I believed caused the taxi ride to cost a little more than it would normally, we spent $10 w/ tip from hotel to 5th and Broadway. but this wasnt a deal breaker... last year our avg taxi cost was $8 w/ tip... that's a $2 increase which is considerable within a years time... but it was what it was.

I want to address a remark I read about this place being a bit expensive, while this may be true for some, it comes down to personal preference. What you need vs. what you expect. As the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". I felt safe and comfortable, had peace of mind and to me that is worth a little extra... We stayed during one the biggest annual events held in Nashville and I have to say the price was EXCELLENT!! Trust me I did my research for 6 + mos, my efforts paid off. This is an ideal location for me being from NYC, I like having every convenience at my front door...

Bob, Hotel mgr was very helpful when we learned of a mix up with our departing flights and he allowed us a late check out and invited us to stay on the grounds and use of the bus ctr..etc.until we figured things out.. fortunate for us we didnt have to take him up on that offer.. THANKS BOB!!! a GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOUR STAFF!.... Kevin, Matt, Cortez, Robert...it was our pleasure to have met you... I apologize for not remembering everyone's name... as it was a pleasure to have met you all, you ALL made a difference during our visit to Nashville....

Bottom line - We enjoyed our stay @ the Hampton Inn / West End and would def stay again and I am confident the hotel will master the shuttle service as they have already mastered all other areas of customer service....

Thank you very much for making us feel at home.
Joanne

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor, elevator was kinda slow but not so terrible. If youre a light sleeper you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We got a great price to stay at this hotel and we were shocked at how great it really was. Our rooms were big, the air conditioning worked great (very important for the summer in the south), the parking and internet are free, and finally the free breakfast was really good. There were lots of choices from hot waffles to cereal to fruit to bagels.... Very pleasantly surprised and highly recommend. Also it is centrally located near Vanderbilt, downtown, and the freeways.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great location next to Vanderbilt and minutes away from Music Row. 51 restaurants in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple