“Decent if your on a budget.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/ Briley
Ranked #107 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Mississauga, Canada
“Decent if your on a budget.”
Reviewed November 20, 2009

This hotel is decent if you want a clean room and you are on a tight budget. The rooms are in good shape and the staff are friendly.

There is nothing around the hotel except for a few fast food joints, so a car/cab in necessary for any sightseeing or going downtown.

4 adults in a 2 double bed room is very tight. No fridge was kind of a bummer and wireless internet was off and on all weekend.

If you’re looking for a nice hotel with some space, lots of amenities and a great location then this isn’t for you, but if you just want somewhere decent to crash for a night or two than it is a great value.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I would have to agree with the hospitality of Ashley the desk clerk. I don't think I've ever felt so welcome at a hotel. The first room was flooded due to an air conditioner problem and was promptly assigned another room. Did not plan on staying the night in Nashville upon returning from vacation but knowing how well we were treated on the first stay before departing for vacation, we had to stay again. The Park Sleep Fly .com reservation included 30 days of parking!! Beat that! I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Illinois
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Ashley at the hotel was one of the nicest, funniest people I met on the entire trip! Her level of service far exceeded the value for dollar equation.
I was not happy, however to find my car parked next to a white SUV that left eight inches of its paint on my back passenger door. The front desk clerk was no help there so I guess it was a pretty expensive PSF this time around.
It did not prevent me from staying another night at the end of the stay, though. Thanks again to Ashley for the true hospitality.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank beninil
Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I booked this hotel sight unseen through hotels.com. That was my only problem. They had told me that the room had a small refrigerator, as I requested because we were staying for week. The following morning I called the hotel personally to confirm everything. I was then informed of no refrigerator. I called back hotels.com to change my reservation, they told me it would take 30 days for a refund. Idecided to keep my reservation as I was leaving for Nashville that night.
We arrived at Baymont around 8 PM. We had noticed that the sign had a lower rate than hotel.com had charged us. I asked Chanel, the front-desk person, what the nightly rate was. I told her I would be staying for atleast 4 nights, possibly 5. Two people, king size bed, smoking. Chanel proceeded to give me an even LOWER rate that was posted on the sign, because she told me, I would be staying for more than a couple nights.The price she gave me was almost 1/2 off the price hotels.com had already charged me. I was SHOCKED at the difference. I then explained to Chanel what I had been charged & explained that I already had a reservation. We had also arrived a day sooner than we had planned. Chanel was so kind and helpful, explaining how things worked in the business. I liked her so much for being so honest and helpful. Chanel helped me cancel my reservations through hotels.com using the hotel phone. Hotels.com had told me that Baymont Inn & Suits would charge me atleast one nights stay if I cancelled my reservations through them. They even called her on the other line while I was on the phone with them and Chanel told themnot to charge me anything. They again told me it would possibly take 30 days for a refund, but i didin't care. I was staying for an extra night for even less money hotels.com was charging me for. I shook Chanel's hand twice and thanked her several times a we headed to our room.
Within minutes of being in our room, the phone rang. It was Chanel, asking if our room was up to our satisfaction.
Yes, it was. Very clean. Nice soft bed, neatly made. Bathroom was spotless. Room was very net. The ONLY problem, it smelled of an elderly woman's perfume. That smell didn't really go away. The other PROBLEM for us was the wireless internet signal was very weak, we were on the very end of the biulding on the 3rd floor, RM 347. At certain times during the day or night it would be stronger than other times, usually 2 - 3 bars.
Breakfast was typical, but the area was VERY clean. There was a gentleman that was ALWAYS cleaning and restocking the area. Wearing and ALWAYS changing gloves before handling food. They had a large flat screen TV in the breakfast area. If you look at the pictures on the website, you'll think it's very small and cramped. Not so at all. VERY spacious and airy, there are about 14 sets of tables and chairs to sit at. You can also sit outside on the deck area to enjoy breakfast in the warm sun, as we did. Also the breakfast area and deck area are the best place to use the wireless internet and plan your day. I would make plans for the day, by looking for things to do, on my laptop. Write down the info and walk inside and use the hotel business center to print out directions and coupons for theday. Very convenient. Only drawback, the business center didn't have stools to sit at the PC's, you had to stand. I think that was so just one person wouldn't use the computer all day, not allowing others to use them.
Since we ended up staying there for six days, we had the chance to see everyone and everything at this hotel. All, except one, of the staff members were very nice and went out of thier way to be kind and polite. The ONLY person that was rude was a night front-desk person when we wanted to add another night. He informed me that Ms. Chanel had charged me the wrong rate, insisted that I must have told her I was staying for 7 nights, not the original 4. He also informed me that I would be charged another rate and I would have to take it up with the manager.
the next morning I went to the front desk to inquire about the whole thing. The young ladie at the front desk gladly helped me out. I explained what the man had said. I made a comment about how rude he was. She then told me that she hears that alot, but she wasn't going to tell me that but I had said it more than once. She told me everything was fine.
The house keepers. Great people. Very kind and polite. They only speak spanish. I know a few spanish words. We went back and forth trying to understand each other, but it was fun for both of us. I would point at something and ask in english for what I needed, she would reply in spanish and gladly get it for me. ie, towels, washcloth, trashbag, etc. They do a great job, very hard workers.
The pool was huge compared to the picture. In the picture it looks like a small sitting pool, but it's not. Very clean too. A little to chilly for me. I guess Nashville had two weeks of rain before we got there, that would explain the water tempature.there were about 10 teens enjoying themselves in the water our second day there.
I would absolutely stay there again. I have already told several friends what a great experience we had there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank richnrich04
Memphis, TN
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We come to Nashville often, as it is a quick getaway from Memphis. We were scheduled to stay at another hotel in Nashville for the weekend, and after one night there, it was so awful we had to find another hotel. We were just there for the weekend, but the prospect of another night in that other hotel was scary. We booked online Saturday for a stay that night at Baymont. When we checked in, the girls at the front desk were very nice and fast. The room was very clean, and very roomy! It was a girlfriend and I, and our two kids, 9 and 2. The 2 year old had plenty of room to run around and destroy things, and the room was kid friendly (after unplugging the phone :p). The beds were very comfortable, and I am picky. The linens were very soft and nice also. Good pillows too. The pool was small but beautifully located along side a mountain wall. It was secluded and quiet. This hotel location was in a good area, not too much traffic, and kinda out of the way of the main interstates. The breakfast was surprisingly sufficient. Lots of choices at breakfast, and hot food! I really couldnt find anything to complain about, with the exception of no microwave or refrigerator, which is helpful when traveling with kids. We will only stay here from now on!! Check out was simple, and they allowed us an extra hour.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank HollieD23
memphis
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I would just like to say that staying at the Baymont Hotel was very enjoyable. The staff members were very curtious and helpful. I give this hotel on a scale of 1-10 a 10. The manager Chris Dickinson was great he made sure that everything we need was taken care of and also they have a hot breakfast. The rate of the room and everything that was included was well worth the price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotgirl69
Michigan
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Stayed in many Baymont Inns and never had a room like this. Not very clean, and quite small. Location was not too bad. A few miles away from Opryland, right off the freeway. Shower walls had black marks. Bathroom small. Wireless Internet kept going out. Bed was comfy with nice pillows. Breakfast wasn't bad at all! Staff was nice, tolerable, nothing special. Not very knowledgable about area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple