“Fine for sleeping after a night out at two great music...” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Nashville at Opryland/Music Valley DR
Ranked #123 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Washington
“Fine for sleeping after a night out at two great music...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fine for sleeping after a night out at two great music venues (The Nashville Palace and Music City Bar and Grill).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manheim
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Location was great but I have never stayed in a hotel where there was no shower curtain and the rod had been ripped out of the wall leaving damaged walls. We took showers but the water spilled out onto the floor. This room should have not been assigned to anyone because of the disrepair. Many light bulbs were burned out or the lamps were not in working order.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wanted to hit the outlet mall in Lebanon and Opry Mills mall which required an overnight stay in Nashville since I live three hours away. This particular Days Inn was the cheapest hotel in the Opry Mills area so that met my biggest requirement. Since I went cheap, I knew that I wasn't going to stay in a four or five star hotel. Needless to say, this hotel is a little dated and could use some upgrades.

My room was on the 3rd floor. The hallways seemed to be clean and presentable. However since there wasn't an ice machine on my floor, I had to go down to the 2nd to get ice. Wow...that floor looked damp and musty. Big difference.

My room looked clean, but the window shade was broken and hanging part way off the rung. You could close it but it defintiely needed to be repaired.

I had two big issues. First, bed was made in a sloppy manner making it look like housekeeping just pulled the sheets over the mattress. It made my wonder whether my bed had fresh sheets or if I was going to sleeping on someone else's dirty sheets. I decided to pull the cover completely off and sleep on top of the rest. Not a very good night's sleep...

My second issue involved a very yappy dog down the hall. I'm not sure whether this hotel is "dog friendly", but placing a dog in a room directly next to the elevator is not entirely smart. That dog went ballistic every time the elevator door opened and closed.

I would recommend this hotel if you're going on the cheap, but be wary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo