“A good deal for a budget”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #139 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed here one night on my way to Virginia. It was clean and quiet, not luxurious but a pretty good deal for $55. The website shows a breakfast room, which I don't think exists anymore. When I arrived at 10 pm the lobby was locked & I rang a bell outside for the attendant to come give to a window and give me a key. That was a little concerning, that maybe the area wasn't safe. But I didn't have any problems or hear any noise, I'd say overall this is a good idea to have a decent place to rest and save some money.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Gedamc

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Traveling with my dog and on a budget, I couldn't afford to stay in the center of town and I'm actually pleased now. The hotel has an amazing view of the Nashville city skyline.

The first room I was shown to was not suitable. The toilet was blocked (clean but full of water) and a light was buzzing. I advised the check in attendant and he was very kind and relocated me immediately. He even helped me move and called 20 mins later to check everything was ok. Excellent customer service.

The room was clean and had all the usual amenities. It was a little rundown, but you are still getting value for money. Bed was comfortable and very large.

A couple of places to eat right across the road which was handy when arriving at night and there is a little grass area for your dog to attend to business. I did not hear any outside noise though there appeared to be few people staying.

I would stay there again if I was in Nashville.

Room Tip: A room on the first floor would be great as you could see the city - whereas on the ground floor the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently, since others close to downtown were booked.This is a noisy, and unsafe area.....The first night was quiet but the second night sounded like a party was going on..I don't recommend...

Room Tip: Don't stay here law enforcement need to watch this area...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank REBAB561
Reviewed June 18, 2013

All staff were friendly. Alpesh the operations manager does a great job to ensure that the property is cleaned well, and when my friend left his phone in the room, they called almost immediately after so that we could come and collect it. Really appreciated the integrity and sincerity of both management and cleaning staff.

It is certainly not the Ritz, but it is clean inside the rooms. Rooms are quite out-dated, and the sound-proofing on the windows isn't great, but for somewhere to sleep while in transit, it's good for the money ($60 for one room with two twin beds).

Has a pool, but the opening hours are quite limited. Gym is also limited, but works.

JJF

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JFossil
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn on Murfreesboro Road and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the young lady at the desk was, very warm and friendly. The rooms were much nicer than I envisioned. Overall I had a nice stay.

Room Tip: a great stay for a great price
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marcus L
Reviewed October 2, 2012

the building is old , poorly maintained, in a bad section of town with a front desk that didnt answer calls after a certain hr. But at least we could be fascinated by the antics of unidentified creatures crawling on our walls at night

Room Tip: Run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank David W
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you have other options for a place to stay, don't stay here. We did survive but the place is dirty. It's what you might expect for $10 a night, but you'll be paying more than that. It's on a loud, busy road and it's right next door to some kind of low rent rapper nightclub (the Club Crotch?) which was overrun and overflowing with loud, drunk, and obnoxious idiots on the Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday nights that we were there. The best part was that many of those people also seemed to be spending the night at this hotel. We were expecting to be robbed or stabbed in the parking lot but somehow we escaped.

The manager or someone woke us up knocking on our door early the first morning, and then 30 minutes later when we got up and opened the door he just walked right in without saying a word while we still in the room to pick up our towels. It was just sort of weird.

Again, unless you enjoy that type of thing, find someplace else. Or sleep in your car in a better part of town.

Room Tip: another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business