“I had a blast here” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #117 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
new orelans
“I had a blast here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

supposed to be a hotel where the stars stay alot of musicians and friends type thing going on there, i remember the rooms are roomy, a fun place to stay on a low budget like a b-movie this place was fun. Nice lobby and easy goin staff. no too much hype.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fall Branch, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We recently made 3 trips to Nashville to bring my dad to Vanderbilt University Hospital for some medical procedures. We had to stay overnight on the last two trips. Our stay at the Drake was wonderful! Very friendly, courteous staff; the rooms were great. Would definitely stay again, and would recommend to friends.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

I went to check in, and the workers were lounging in chairs on either side of the desk and made it VERY awkward when I walked in. It was a huge chore for them to actually stand and go to the computer. Then the office was locked so they didn't have my registration information and had to call the manager and we had to wait for him to get there to retrieve our info. They had 2 rooms, I asked for the best one, and we ended up in a room smelling of a cat that pissed on the floor and then died in the air conditioner. There was trash on the floor and empty beer boxes in the closet. I made them aware of the situation and they began explaining their strict 24 hour cancellation policy. That doesn't excuse the way the room was. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sachelpohl

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

The Drake Motel is great if you are in Nashville on a budget. There is a liquor store across the street, which makes for great convenience. You can stay up, and be as loud as you want. It has a pool, which did it's job (being a pool). You also will met some interesting characters... most of which will need bus money to get back to their kids/family/job. It is 10 minutes from the strip in Nashville, so the cab ride was cheap.

We were looking for a place to lay our heads in between all the boozing. The Drake did that job, on the cheap! I would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
3974 Belmor Pl Olive Branch, Ms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

I stayed at the Drake Inn for only one night and I'm ashamed to let people know I did that.
It's in a really seedy area first of all and worse than that it's just a dive ran by thug's.I was on a buisness trip to Nashville two week's ago and I saw the website.Needing a place close to the downtown area I drove over.I started once not to even check in when I got a live closeup view of the place but what the hey you cant beat 60$ and it's noy like my Wife and kid's were with me.The Rooms are absoulutley filthy and overran with roaches and what I was told were either bed bugs or fleas so I had to sleep on the floor,NO ROOM SERVICE, and that Pool of thier's has something growing in it.Several really shifty looking charecter's were aparently attempting to sell me drug's.One of them even said he was the Maintenance guy there of all thing's.And to beat all some little obese,Ill mannered blond tied to charge me for a remote that the batteries were dead in.They require a 10$ deposit for and as I tried to explain to her,The MOG didn' have any batteries after I'd taken it to my room to watch TV and sleep on the floor the night before.Oh and uh by the way this portly little blond also informed me they were out of "[--]" Coffee that they had some in the slum across the street.Why go over there and get muged?So I drove away from this nightmare and I'll never be back.Please people do yourself a favor and overlook thier webpage.It's a trap. I assure you there's a reason this place is constantly on cop show's!!Thank you

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tmtimgdwn
ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

This place was a dump. I paid for three nights on line, unrefundable. I stayed 1 night and left. I may have lost my money for 2 nights, but I learned a lesson. Do not prepay for a place you have not seen. Beds were dirty including floors, bathroom, tables, walls and everything else. Strange people were standing around all night. Even staff said it was not safe to walk to downtown, even in daylight.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dannyjoe19
Gainesville, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this motel at about 1:30am after being lost for the past 2 hours. It was open and had a room, so it was good enough for us. The only reason we were in Nashville anyway was to hit the bars and hear the music. The first night was uneventful, we didn't even see anyone. The next morning (around 10am) he goes across the street to talk to a cabdriver, but gets approached by a prostitute before he makes it. She accuses him of "smelling like the po-po" and wants his drink. Her pimps were watching pretty closely. Then, as he's making his way back to the room, he gets approached by a drug dealer wanting to sell him dope. Around 11am I stepped out of the room for a cigarette and some crazy old lady in the parking lot is screaming (seemingly) at me about someone not "being in there" and cussing me up and down. Not sure what she was talking about but it was a little unnerving. Not to mention everytime we got in a cab the driver commented on how we were staying in the projects, and there's been killings there and all sorts of other scary stuff. Not to mention our AC didn't work half the time, the shower head was coming out of the wall, walking barefoot on the carpet in the room turned our feet black so we had to keep socks on, and the room smelled funny.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple