“Dangerous” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drake Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Drake Motel
Ranked #118 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Dangerous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2004

We recently booked hotel rooms for a group of teenagers visiting colleges in Nashville at the "Airport Drake Inn" and found out that it's real name was the Drake motel.

The listing is quite deceptive by listing this property as a first class hotel when it is actually a motel for transients.

The property was also listed with 3 stars and incorrectly states:
•TV with remotes when no room we stayed in had a remote
•Modem/Data ports when there are none in any rooms
•Children under 17 year old stay free (when we were charged for all children regardless of age)
•Hair Dryer when no room had one and none were available at the desk
•24-hour security when prositutes and drug dealers performed transactions throughout the day (the Nashville police called the place "Dangerous")
The place was a dump with out lights in the bath room of most rooms (a lamp was placed on the sink for occupants to see).

The property also refused to change the room we had for a group of teenage girls even though their door would not lock or stay closed (it could be pushed open). Even though the Nashville police came and insisted to the property management that it was dangerous and unsafe to have teenage girls in a room with a door that did not close (we had to switch them to another room while putting and adult male in the room).

Double locks did not work in the rooms.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
clotzio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2004

I was walking to my room and I bumped into this guy with long hair. I thought he Was some old hippy vagrant. Then I did a double take! It was the red headed stranger himself, Willie Nelson. He said he always stays at the Drake. He signed an autograph and we hung out for a while. Unforgettable!!!!!!

1 Thank clotzio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2004

I'd like to know what stars stayed there as they would certainly go down in my estimation!

I chose the hotel from a brochure, the price was cheap and I thought it must be ok as "stars stay there" Upon arrival my opinion soon changed, 2 nights there was 2 nights to much!

Apart from the dodgy charachters hanging around the motel, the room was very unsatisfactory, cracked window with sellotape over the crack, strong stale smell in the room, carpet covered in cigerrette burns (this in a no smoking room!)

I was travelling alone, and had stayed in some dodgy areas in New Orleans and Mississippi but this was by far the worst motel.

• Stayed October 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2004

I made a reservation through Orbitz...got there, a 24 year old woman travelling alone, and was so freaked out by the area and the broken windows and creepy guys milling about that I just bolted and found a Howard Johnson. There was no way I was even getting out of my car, much less staying there by myself.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2004

About the last of november, my wife and I went to nashville to celebrate our 9th anniversary. Well this hotel, "The Drake", popped up, when I did an internet search. I reserved a jacuzzi room for I think it was almost $80.00. Well when we arrived at the hotel, it's just like what the other couple wrote. Except, while my wife was out in the truck, and I was checking in, I witnessed a couple get into a braw, and men starring at my wife, or so she told me. I'd already checked in about this time. Well I told the desk clerk I'd changed my mind. He also told me this couple were just playing around. Yeah right!!!! He refused to give me my money back, after trying for 10 minutes. He told me to write a letter, and to talk to ash, the manager at that time. I talked to ash, he said that he was sorry, but he could not give my money back but give me a free night at the hotel. He said I had up to 6 months to use it. Well it's been almost 6 months and I started to use that free room, but after reading the last couples review, I'm convinced it's not worth staying there, it hasn't changed one bit. I would've wrote this letter a long time ago because this "Drake Inn", left me with a bad taste for nashville's culture. I feel much better now that I have stated facts with my opinion.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2004

We did the reseach, checked out the web page for The Drake and reserved the room for two nights. Upon our arrival, it looked ok from the road so we went in and registered. Once we were enroute to our room we noted several suspicious people hanging around outside the rooms, we just thought maybe it was because we were poor ole dumb country ppl who had never been to the "Big City". Once inside the room, there was an obnoxious ordor that required us to go to the local store and buy Fabreez before we could stay there. We struggled through the two days that we had put on our credit card and have never gone back. (We saw the sign also..."Stay where the Stars stay"....hah!!) We recently saw The Drake on the television show COPS they were arresting hookers out of there.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2004

My experience has been good; it s conveniently located to down town and airport that was what I was looking for, inexpensive rooms, friendly staff always ready to help. Clean rooms, over all I enjoyed it, I have been to Nashville before and stayed at different places by far the best experience in Nashville.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member