“Awesome, if you aren't a baaaaaby”
Review of Drake Motel

Drake Motel
Ranked #116 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Awesome, if you aren't a baaaaaby”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This motel is awesome. For $65, you can upgrade to the jacuzzi suite, which is disappointingly clean and devoid of anything gross or seedy. It's in its own little building with a dedicated parking spot. It's very spacious and has a quaint little bed.
We had hoped that all the reviews would come through and this place would be scary and disgusting but it's actually really nice. MurderMotels.com FAIL.
Oh, and the toilet is in its own closet. You don't even get that kinda luxury in jail!

Room Tip: Get the jacuzzi suite. You deserve it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JBRylah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Clarksville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed at the Drake for 2 nights and had no problems with , staff , guests while we were there .
we will only stay there from now on when in nashville .
it is so convenient to everything , 5 minute drive to get to broadway and downtown , and like 15 minute drive to get to opryland .
a lot of reviews said it is dirty and had prostitutes , none of which is true that we seen .
Also if you need to get alcohol , there is a great liqour store on division st. between 7th ave S and 8th ave S , froogal macdoogal i think it was called , and if you want great bbq , jacks on broadway is awesome .

Room Tip: we stayed in 117 and loved it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Schnectady
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because Sheryl crow and other stars supposedly stayed here. One thing I can be sure of is they didn't stay in a room like ours. The staff was friendly but the room stunk and looked old like it hadn't been cleaned in ages. I slept on top of the bed in my clothes and didn't bring ANYTHING else in the room. Had it not been dark and we weren't on a motorcycle in an unfamiliar place we would have gone to a different hotel

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dori S

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I really want wanted to like the Drake. REALLY wanted to. It's got rock 'n' roll history, ambiance, they even have an awesome car service for those of us who don't want to drink and drive, or depend on cabs all night. I can deal with the folks who live on-site, as long as they don't bother me (and they didn't). But I can't forgive bed bugs. And yes, there were bed bugs. Only I found out too late.

Please, PLEASE, clean up your motel.

Also: http://www.wkrn.com/story/16388797/drake-motel-meth-lab

Room Tip: Sleep ON TOP of the covers.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank xiola
Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We are an AUSTRALIAN family who spent 6 weeks holidaying in the US, this wasn't our first time in America and we thought we'd seen everything, stayed in the worst hotels and had weird and wacky experiences...but there just isn't the words to describe the Drake. Straight up I want you to know that this account is true and still a dinner party story we are still telling :) We arrived very late one night after finding it in a voucher book. We had a motor home and managed to scrape it into the car park ( and I mean scraped! after the guy at the desk told us it would fit easy under the arch). Even tho we rang ahead earlier in the day and was told we had a good room it definitely wasn't what we got when we arrived. While opening the door to our ground floor room on the seedy side of the property, 5 blinged out DUDES on the balcony above us were doing what looked liked a re-enactment from Pulp Fiction, complete with over sized gold jewellery, top hats, puffed out lips, turkey neck head jerking and monotonous crap ( sorry RAP) music, which by the way, never let up for the next 9 hours! Nothing could prepare us for the filthy pig sty that greeted us when we opened the door... you know that moment when something you are looking at feels like a bad dream and you just stand there staring with your mouth hanging open ? I just realised that all those times when I was a kid living in the country in South Australia and my dad use to take us all to the tip and we'd fossick around looking for bike bits and you'd come across some old filleted fish or a dead dog and the stink got up your nose and made your eyes water.......well that was a luxury moment compared to what was waiting for us..... huge gouges out of the thread bare carpet complimented with fresh blood stains, blood spurts up the walls, cigarette burns covering both bedspreads, boot holes in the bathroom door, a TV from the dinosaur days which didn't work, phone not working, socket and wires hanging from the wall could have had something to do with it...filthy fridge which had a vile smell of vomit when you opened the door and a general smell of sex grog and rotten sausage rolls :) The bathroom was past description ans I think the highlight was when I went to the loo and something dripped on my head and when I looked up there was a huge hole above the toilet and water dripping, bloody hand marks over the ceiling obviously by someone who frequented it ( perhaps to visit the dudes upstairs). I go outside to have a smoke, thinking about the next move in this bad dream I'm having and a guy in a Lincoln pulls up and asks me my price.... 2 guys across the road in front of the bottle shop are going 5 rounds with empty grog bottles, cops comes screaming into the drive sending the turkeys upstairs scattering.... after a few tense negotiations with the ridiculous staff in reception we get another room, just as bad but they'd made a better attempt to clean up the blood. No sleep, we weren't game. Hookers running up and down the stairs all night, cars pulling in and out constantly, dudes yelling, fighting, cops sirens....why didn't we leave? It was 2 in the morning, no one had parking for our van, we'd been on the road 17 hours and the cops were there so many times that we felt like family. Next morning a taxi driver tells us that it is a regular occurance for a dead body to be impersonating a speed hump in the drive way! When I read the other reviews which gave this dump a glowing report I just laughed, obviously relations of the owners or friends of the staff.. Yes the facade looks 50's but there's no evidence of musicians or anyone famous staying there....the tiny reception was dirty and the staff arrogant and rude, they obviously know exactly what goes on there night and day. Advice? don't pay with a card, they tickle it as soon as you drive out.

Room Tip: Is the left side of the property any better as they said ?( but full at the time) All that seperates...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
16 Thank holycow17
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2011

all i can say is i belive in ghost since staying at drake. my husban and 9 year old son and i stayed at drake last summer. i will never stay again ! i dont care who believes me but ' we got a one bed room and at first it was clean smelling and we liked it. but as the day went on. it seem the room started smelling worse like moth balls! and it just had a uneasy feeling . we went to bed about 11pm and about 12am i woke up and it felt like 5 or 6 people standing over me i cut the light on and no one was there! i felt very uneasy . i whisperd to my husband and said i dont like it here! i got up and went to the bathroom and my 9 year old said mom i cant sleep ! i said whats the matter? and he said i feel like people are watching me or people standing over me . i said me to babe. i put him in bed with me. and the next morning when we got ready to leave' there was blood on back or motel door' that was not there. so no ill never stay in drake again! not me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank tonda c
LA
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was a business trip I had a few weeks ago...I work for the music industry. Came to Nashville to film a video..The Front Desk/Amanda was very helpful..I hate to hear she is leaving that is a great gal there! And the Maintenance tech/Adrian got things done in a flash..That I completely appreciate...had a problem with the commode. This is where the problem came in to play...some residence there..not guests/they live there from Indiana..a man and his wife..saw me at the pool and came over to converse, not a problem..I thought. Until they asked me for money to get back to Indiana, his medicine or something like that. Hell I will give my shirt off my back to someone who is worthy. I caught her going through my personal belongings! I will draw the line there!...I hope the manager got rid of that couple...they were living there FREE off another...hate it for that person. I will stay there again...The Drake has great music history!..But people like that couple..PLEASE! Dark comes to Light ..ALWAYS!

Room Tip: Make sure that couple from Indiana is NO longer there..and YOU will have a fantastic time! Has at th...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business