Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hutton Hotel(Nashville)
$281
$219
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewswaffle house across the streetpancake machineroll in showerweight roomfree breakfaststaying downtownking suiteoutdoor poolup to datedowntown hotelclean roomsbroadway streetbiscuits and gravyinterstateplatinumubercouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My first hotel of choice while traveling is the Holiday Inn Express. I couldn't have made a worse choice with this property. It is not designed for those with accessibility issues. I reserved a two bed, wheelchair accessible room, and when I checked in after a long trip, I found out that the hotel rooms were NOT accessible from the lobby nor the breakfast room. There is a flight of chairs that connects the lobby to the rest of the hotel....no elevator at all. Therefore, to reach the rooms, back into the car, drive to the back of the hotel, and then enter from the back entrance. The two double room we requested was an old king room that had been reburbished for two single beds....no queen beds here. It was impossible to navigate with a wheelchair, especially the bathroom, and the view from the window was the back of the lobby! No other rooms were available, so I was stuck with this closet-type room....smallest I have ever stayed in at a HIE. The next morning for breakfast, I had two options: be wheeled in the chair from my room around the parking lot to the front entrance and the breakfast room or get in the car, drive around front, park and then go to breakfast. We chose the latter and.....no parking places available. We then had to return to the back of the hotel, get out of the car and be wheeled around the parking lot....in the rain....that is if I wanted breakfast. This was an inconvenient, impersonal, and uncomfortable experience. Beware the entrance to the back parking lot is chained shut, and the only entry way is through the front. I found out later because this was a "bad part of the city." So if you are physically fit, then this may be the property for you, but if you have accessiblity requirements and are driving South, then wait until you get to Murfreesboro and you will experience one of the best HIE I have ever patronized.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room that fronts the back parking lot!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our room was unexpectedly spacious and very comfortable. Great place to stay! We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the comfy bed and the hearty breakfast fare.We had just begun a cross country trip and this was our longest leg - 9 1/2 hrs drivetime - a welcoming room and good sleep was just what we needed. Also this place is an easy drive into downtown Nashville for tourists.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

In need of a good, clean, hotel near Nashville TN with easy access to I 40 or 240? This Hotel is for you. The staff were very helpful with recommendations for most any restaurant and the room was excellent. Will use again.

Room Tip: Call hotel for AAA or AARP discounts.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two days while attending an Army reunion. The facilities were nice and the fornt desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast everyday was hot and inviting. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms were spacious with plenty hot water. I was on the fourth floor and the wifi signal was strong. the bed was confortable and the selection of pillows were great. My wife liked the location because it was close to everything but not too close. The parking was close and convienient. All in all it was a great experience. I would recomend it......HAPPY TRAVELS!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great stay, located above the highway where it's very quite, eggs and waffles for breakfast, convienent parking and a wonderful pool.... Hotel is located two blocks from the interstate.....Not a thing to complain about!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family