Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Ranked #93 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta
“Lazy management.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for 1 night recently. The room seemed okay for one night though nothing special. Unfortunately when returning to the hotel I was careless enough to leave my phone in the taxi that had picked us up downtown and returned us to the hotel. I asked the front desk if they could rewind the security tape that was displayed behind the desk to get a company name and perhaps a cab number and was told that a manager would be required to satisfy that request and none would be available until Monday. I talked to a supposed manager on Monday and was told that he would check the tape and get back to me. I have called this property three times since and cannot reach this manager and have yet to receive a call back. I don't think I was asking for too much of anybody in this case and yet I received nothing but frustration and excuses.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Benton Harbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I checked in and was kind of dismayed at how run down the area was. Decided this was going to be an "iffy" type of stay. We were going to make sure our motorcycle was right outside our window so we could keep an eye on it. We had ridden 9 hours on our way to Florida and needed a hot shower to loosen up. When my husband got out of the shower, he was greeted by another "guest" in the room - a cockroach! We both saw it! That was all we could take. We went down to the desk to tell them and they didn't even seem surprised!! Only asked if it was in the living area or the bathroom. Did not get any type of apology. They did agree to refund the room (duh!) and we went down the road to Smyrna TN to a LaQuinta. We have stayed in Nashville many times in Mt. Juliet and it's beautiful there. What a difference a few miles makes! We did not want to stay there this time because we were going down I-24 and Mt. Juiet is on I-40. Needless to say, this Holiday Inn Express if OFF our list of places to stay in Nashville! Drive the few extra miles out to Mt. Juliet, you won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Deb H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the unusual condition of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The good: really lovely front desk clerk who went out of his way to welcome me.

The bad: room smelled dank and musty. TV had no sound on NBC so no Summer Olympics viewing. Wifi was weak to nonexistent and I was unable to connect to my office server because it kept dropping out. That is not acceptable for business travelers. I travel all the time and usually stay at Hamptons. The beds and bedding at Hamptons is much better than here. Found hair in my bathtub upon checking in. Ugh.

Surrounding area not great. Did not feel entirely safe at the Walfreens down the street due to a lot of unsavory characters loitering in the parking lot. No real good dining options near the hotel beyond Waffle House. Breakfast not up to par. Too many sugar cereals. OK, that last comment was nitpicking but how hard is it to get a healthy cereal out? I come to Nashville once or twice a year and usually stay closer to the airport for the same price I paid here. I will do that next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Clean rooms and friendly service. Just what we expected from Holiday Inn Express:)

• Stayed June 2012
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I am currently staying at this property and am very comfortable! We rented a King room which is very spacious. The bed is comfy and the internet works like a dream! The TV has a considerable amount of channels, so we have enjoyed unwinding and having a great selection of channels to surf through! We will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank saralyn1979
Middleburg, f
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We haved stayed at many HI E's. This is below the standards of others. Booked suite weeks ago. Poor view. Breakfast poor. Everything about place is small

• Stayed May 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Robert M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Don't stay here! The clientele were sketchy. Can't walk to anything. Very expensive for the crap room.

• Stayed May 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Mandelion9,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.