“Good Airport Choice (15 minute drive though...)”

Courtyard Nashville Airport
Ranked #59 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 15, 2010

A very nice Courtyard, perhaps 10 years old or so, although it is billed as "airport" it is about a 15 minute drive. My room (suite) was excellent, very accommodating hotel staff. This is a breakfast-only CY so no lunch, dinner or bar. Expansive business center with free internet. Only minus is that there are no short walkable restaurants other then a Waffle House, so you really need a car if this is important to you. The road it is on has several hotel choices, gas stations, etc, but they are far apart with no sidewalks. There is a fairly close (20 minute walk) Holiday Inn and full-service Marriott for food & bar, but that's it. Downtown Nashville is about 8 miles, $20 taxi.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank edtoby007

Reviewed September 2, 2010

This is a great hotel to stay at. My husband and I were doing volunteer work for the flood relief and we had tried other hotels this hotel was the absolute best. The room was clean and comfortable. They treated us so well. We had tried other posh hotels and the Courtyard by Marriott beat them all out. We will definitely stay there again. Next time though we will bring our children to enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2010

As someone who used to stay in hotels 4-5 nights a week, I may be a little fussy, but here's my take on the hotel.

The hotel is overpriced compared to similar accomodation nearby. At $135 per night compared to under $90 for a nearby Hyatt property that offers a free breakfast, there is no comparison. The beds are poor quality, no name foam mattresses with poor, worn ticking, that are very low to the ground (about knee high).

The desk in the room is nice. Unfortunately the room comes with a very disfunctional (slow) internet connection. Both wired and wireless are offerred, but the wired connection is so short, it is impractical to use. Did I mention that both are slow? They're very slow, at 160 kbps, or 10% of DSL speed. It is free, but way too slow to be useful.

The desk/dresser is pleasing to the eye, and the large LG flat screen is a nice touch. The remote had batteries and worked.

The bathroom is also arranged well, with 1 minor exception. Perhaps this hotel caters to a lot of small people, but the toilet, like the bed, is very low to the ground. The sink, however, is well suited to my 6'2 frame. Very Odd. Kudos, however, for the shower head that I can actually stand under while showering, without having to squat.

Did I mention that the internet was pathetically slow?

Finally, I was very disappointed in the customer service. I recognize problems happen, but when they do, the best organizations go out of their way to make ammends. Not here. My room was not made up today. After returning from work, I was sitting at my desk doing some work when another guest uses a key to open the door. It had just been issued from the front desk. He left and I called the front desk, who after several minutes of investigation, were able to confirm that I was who I said I was, and should not have had this happen. They apologized. End of story. No offer of any kind to make ammends for what could have been an extremely embarrassing situation. They said that the room probably wasn't made up because it looked like I was no longer there, which made no sense. I hope they customarily make up rooms for new guests.

Bottom line? There are much better deals in the area, with better creature comforts, and who wouldn't have to try very hard to surpass the customer service standards set here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

As always with most Marriott hotels, I had a great stay. The cleanliness of the hotel, pool area and kitchen were immaculate. The only area of improvement would be the business center. One of the computer keyboards has been used so much, some of the symbols were worn off. Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Reserved double bed and got stuck with a king-sized bed with tiny rollaway couch, which was a little uncomfortable for a party of five. Iron was broken, shower pressure and temperature fluctuated every 5-7 seconds during a shower. The room itself was pretty tiny. Wi-fi was free and worked, but was definitely slow (better than nothing). Staff was unhelpful in many ways, as they coordinated the business conference I was attending. Disappointed in my overall experience. At least my workplace footed the bill, or I'd be even more so. Also $4.00 for items from vending machines!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Pricelined a rock-bottom rate (hint: about half of what other reviewers below paid) and felt like I'd won the lottery! A very clean and well-maintained property, with a pool in the courtyard, elevator, balcony, courtesy computers in the lobby, wifi in the room, free airport shuttle. Very comfortable room with all the amenities. Priceline rate does not include "free" breakfast. Who cares - you can spend the savings at Waffle House and still come out ahead!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard in September on our way back home from a trip to the southeast coast. We got a good rate of $71 which also included vouchers for two free breakfasts. The breakfast was good with cooked to order eggs. The room was nice and had free wired internet. I enjoyed my stay, especially at the rate I got for the room

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business