“Marriott Courtyard Nashville Airport - Great Pool!”

Courtyard Nashville Airport
Ranked #57 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Florida, United States
“Marriott Courtyard Nashville Airport - Great Pool!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here July 26 - 29th. My Dad & Stepmom stayed here also, as we were all in town for my Dad's surgery @ Vanderbilt. Though the hotel is older, it's been renovated. The lobby and eating area is gorgeous! Very modern. I understand the rooms on the upper floors have been or are in the process of being upgraded. Unfortunately we were on the 1st floor in the back of the hotel (Rm 131). The room was nice, but we had 2 issues: my husband and I have really bad backs, and the king bed we had just killed us; the a/c was either really cold or really not cold, just couldn't get it to stay at a comfy temp. Aside from those 2 things, our stay was very nice. The pool and the surrounding area is just gorgeous! We really enjoyed it...there's a gorgeous myrtle tree out there that I couldn't stop taking pics of!! Oh, they also have an indoor jaccuzzi/spa room off the pool area - that was incredible! There is not a free breakfast, but there's a great little restaurant in the lobby area, and we ordered breakfast there twice - it was AWESOME! The little potatoes were out of this world!! Also, the front desk staff were super friendly and accommodating.

We would definitely stay here again, but I would request a room on one of the upper floors. The location is so convenient, and aside from our 2 issues, it was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor, preferably pool-view! ;-)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CNM777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very good value for a clean and spacious room for 2 adults and 3 kids. Hotel staff was nice. Grill cafe in lobby was very convenient as we arrived late at night. the food was good but overpriced though. We would stay here again if we had to but with kids we prefer hotels with complimentary bfast.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank LorenasTravels
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have to say that I was very impressed with this Courtyard and had an excellent stay. I trusted the TripAdvisor reviews but didn't expect much given that it was an airport hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk was very friendly and professional. The lobby was clean, new and modern with the Bistro that is common in newer Courtyards. But I really enjoyed the outdoor pool and indoor whirlpool…maybe I was lucky or maybe it is because I waited later in the evening, but I had the whole whirlpool to myself and there were only a few people in the pool area. The room was standard "Courtyard", which is not necessarily a bad thing - it was clean with modern decor, and I appreciated the free WIFI. All and all in was a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nicholas H
Cumming, GA
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We've stayed in a lot of Courtyard's this summer, so we've gotten used to the remodeled version. The lobby is updated (and very nice), next they need to do the rooms. Kind of dingy.

The hotel is an airport hotel, but surprisingly, not many restaurants around! We drove around in both directions and the best we could find, was a Ruby Tuesday. Lots of hotels, so maybe, people eat at their hotels.

Our room was clean, but we had no ice bucket, no laundrey bag & no directory....guess the maid ran out of time? Room was pretty clean, though.

Small, dark gym. Very nice pool area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so sorry that you were missing some key items from your room. I will address this immediately with our housekeeping staff to ensure it does not happen to anyone else. On a brighter note, we are very excited that we are scheduled for a rooms renovation towards the end of the year. Again, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in Nashville again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here with 2 girlfriends for a concert at LP Field (Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw). We were very impressed with the newly renovated Lobby area and the great pool area. The rooms were comfortable and large enough for 3 grown woman to move around in. The rooms were clean and nice. Not as modern looking and feeling as some hotels but according to the GM they will be fully renovated at the end of 2012. I am very picky about my hotels considering I worked for Hilton as a Sales manager for 3 years and this hotel lived up to my expectation. It is very quick and easy to get to Downtown Nashville and very convenient to HWY. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff was great and the room was nice. I liked the pool and other amenities. The only thing that I didn't like was that the iron board collapsed while I was using it. Everything else was great however.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank AussIhunter
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Wonderful 2 night stay - all was great from check in to doing laundry! Our friends had room across the hall, and when it came time for them to fly home : ( the airport shuttle was right on time to take them. All Front Desk employees were friendly and helpful, as well as a passing maintenance man!

Rooms clean and bed comfy!

Only bad thing was mini fridge - would shut off at night so it was 'quiet' ..... but then stuff got warm again.

Room Tip: Only have 2 elevators for large L shape building, so check with front desk if you want to cut down s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends