“Just what I was looking for!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
New Vantage Hotels App
Ranked #85 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Just what I was looking for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Well, I had booked at another hotel nearby and they didn't have my reservation. I hunted for another close by via Orbitz and found this hotel at a very reasonable rate. I booked it and immediately went to the hotel but they didn't have my reservation yet from Orbitz(fax hadn't come through yet). Well one of the clerks took it upon herself to call Orbitz and get my fax sent promptly, even as I waited on hold with Orbitz myself. They got me checked in and even gave me a room with a king size bed instead of two double beds. Staff here are all very nice, very helpful, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fantastic deal. Great location too!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Steven K
abvisouthnashville, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind words. As you saw from the service we provided to you, we don’t mind going out of our way to satisfy guests, no matter how or when you booked. We take real pride in running this clean, comfortable hotel and appreciate guests like you who enjoy the combination of comfort, convenience and value we provide.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This motel was an excellent value with comfortable room and a decent breakfast included. We did not understand some of the negative reviews we read on this location. Of course it is not a 5 star hotel, but beds and rooms were comfortable and breakfast was comparable or better than free breakfasts that we have had at other motels. I think this place was the best deal in Nashville on the weekend we stayed. Also was located fairly well for many of the local attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank edhadley
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I’m glad you found us to be an excellent value. We take real pride in this hotel and hope that it shows. We strive to be just what you said: the best deal in Nashville. We’re also pleased you liked our convenient location. We hope to have you with us again soon so we can satisfy you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I don't know how this hotel got such high ratings, my family and I couldn't wait to leave this run down piece of... The Bathroom was disgusting. Had mildew on the tile, the toilet tank cover did not fit, the tub had problems draining so that you were left showering in standing water. Wish I had taken pictures. The A/C unit was very noisy so I got woken up several times during the night. The location of the hotel was very disappointing...very sketchy and let's just leave it at that. I thought the price was very reasonable but this was no bargain. You get what you pay for!

RP Tampa, Fl

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We do indeed satisfy hundreds of guests every month, but I’m sorry that we could not satisfy you in this case. Most guests like our convenient location, but I apologize if it fell short of meeting your needs. I hope you will try us again in the future and look at our property with new eyes. We’re always changing and improving to serve guests like you better and better.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Six of us spent 11 nights at this hotel while in Nashville and were very pleased with it. It is a budget motel and what we were expecting. The rooms although dated were clean. The staff were friendly and treated us well. It seemed to be 15 minutes to anywhere when we were going anywhere; but that suited us to a tee. We didn't mind at all. The only drawback was the continental breakfast really needs some work. As for the coffee - Stay away from it. Outside of that minor detail the place was great.

Room Tip: Great Value
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. I’m also pleased that you didn’t allow some minor issues to detract from your stay. We’ll see what we can do about improving our breakfast before your next stay. We look forward to having you with us again when you need a clean, comfortable place to stay in Nashville.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had no real issues with the hotel itself, the front staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, decent amenities but the area itself seems not so safe at all and I'm not even a fearful person by nature. Lots of people just wandering around back and forth through the parking lot or just sitting in their cars for some reason all hours of the night. Lots of people just hanging out in front of the rooms or on the stairs for hours. Could not tell if all these people were hotel patrons or not. Felt like I might be robbed or worse when going outside of the room. Be alert if you stay here and watch your belongings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JusticeAB
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our rooms. I’m sorry you felt unsafe. You can be sure that this a completely safe area, plus we have security and other measures, of course, to ensure the safety our guests. Our goal is to provide a 100 percent pleasant experience for all guests, and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of that goal in any way.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only one night and chose because it allowed my large dog to stay with me. The hotel wasn't the best but it was decent and I felt safe. Room was clean, but dated. It is noisy- right off the highway/airport and in a busy Latino area. There is definitely worse out there! You get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Melissa M
abvisouthnashville, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at our pet-friendly hotel. I’m pleased that you experienced a decent stay, but I apologize that we could not exceed your expectations. We focus on providing a quiet, comfortable experience, and we satisfy hundreds every month. I’m sorry we couldn’t completely do the same for you and hope you’ll stay again nonetheless.

Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay, the reviews were mixed and the pictures looked ok..... But on arrival OMG the kitchen was dirty the lobby was dirty and after walking past a person on the balcony who appeared drunk we found our room with dents in the front door, the room was disgusting and smelt vile, we told the manager we would not be staying and they told us we would have to pay for the first night, we phone booking. com who said they would email the manager to find out about a refund, after a row we got the refund and left, never would I stay in such a horrible place.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tracey M
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments despite not staying with us. I sincerely apologize that the first impression you got of our hotel caused you to cancel your reservation. I hope you found nice accommodations elsewhere. We satisfy dozens of guests each week, but I’m truly sorry that we didn’t have the chance to serve you. We’re always changing and improving and would welcome you again if given the chance.