“Okay- would consider staying there again”

Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites
Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Glenview, Illinois
“Okay- would consider staying there again”
Reviewed May 26, 2007

We only stayed here for one night and at that, only for about 4 hours (we stayed in Knoxville and had an early flight from Nashville) Being that we were there for such a short time, I would generally not review, but something interesting happened. I had read other Trip Advisor reviews. When some people arrived late, they ended up with no room despite reservations and paid receipts. When leaving Knoxville at about 10.30 pm I asked my wife to confirm our reservation, for we would not get there until around 1am. Low and behold, they did not have our reservation. After little discussion, we got a room and had not problem. To be fair, they did reduce the rate from ninty something to $65. As for location, all I know is that the hotel is about 5 minutes from the airport. The room we had was very big and had two large beds (they may have been queens) The bathroom was dated, but clean. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 21, 2007

This hotel was just ok. The rooms were slightly small and had no fridge. Since we were going to be there 4 days, it would have been nice. The room was a little run down. The desk staff was not very friendly. We arrived an hour early and they wouldn't let us check in because check in time was 3:00 and they said the room wasn't cleaned. We found out what room we would be in and walked by to check it out and the maid was just finishing. At 2:40 we went back to check in and again was told check in was 3:00. They finally let us check in when we told her the maid was just finishing an hour later. The breakfast was great though! I probably would look for another hotel in the area, it seems most have very nice breakfast buffets.

Stayed May 2007
Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed April 25, 2007

I must say that I found this hotel to be very clean. Although I know they didn't vacuum in my room daily- but definitely no biggie considering I don't do that at my own home. My only major complaints would be in regards to them only having one elevator, and not really many ramps to tote your luggage up. I had to make several trips to my car. I could have I suppose parked my car opposite side of my room which was where the elevator was. Traffic was also bad on weekends because of construction and I had to take alternate routes- my friend told me this construction has been going on for 2 years. Breakfast was pretty nice- better than many continental breakfasts. I did not really find the check-in or check-out people to be overly friendly. They seemed to be more concerned about gossiping, or taking a run to the store down the road, but regardless they checked me in and out quickly but could have been nicer considering I spent nearly $500 there. And for some odd reason on my very last day my alarm clock in the room (which I NEVER touched) miracuously went off at 0545 a.m. playing Spanish Music- definitely was not welcomed by me considering I planned to sleep to 9a.m because I had a long drive ahead of me. Maybe the housekeeper knew it was my last day, and was mad because I stayed in my room till 11 a.m. the previous day? I was the only person staying the the room. The hotel had a very nice looking pool in the middle of the hotel. Very convenient to interstate and close to downtown and Opryland. (Just have to deal with construction- mainly on weekends it seemed or night time).

• Liked — Location- Ryman, Grand Ole Opry, Downtown Nashville not too far away (depending on traffic construction)
  • Disliked — Construction, that made me have to take alternate routes; one elevator was hard to tote luggage
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed March 4, 2007

I booked a room at this hotel for one night in Nashville. Upon arrival, the facility was clean, neat and well-lit. The check-in clerk was efficient and friendly. Our room (a NS standard double) was clean and had everything we needed. The room and the bed linens smelled fresh. The staff was also helpful in giving me directions to a particular part of town. The continental breakfast was good--hot items as well as breads, cereals, juices and coffee. The only gripe I have is that a worker in the kitchen scowled and shrugged her shoulders at me when I asked her to please refill the milk machine so I could put milk on my cereal. No biggie though--I'm sending in a comment card about that. If I am ever in Nashville again and need a clean and affordable hotel, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007
2 Thank Aliviolinist
Tennessee
Reviewed December 2, 2006

We just stayed here. I don't have anything to complain about. We were given a suite at no extra charge. The breakfast was good and the location of the hotel was in a good location. There is free breaksfast in the morning(eggs, bacon, the works) and an evening managers reception with free drinks and snacks. I have nothing but praise.
Thanks

• Liked — The size of the room
  • Disliked — The toilet overflowed for apparently no reason. Got the carpet in front of the bathroom wet and noone came to dry it. We dried it ourselves with a hair dryer.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a suite after you get here. They will upgrade for free if they have one available
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank rodbev
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2006

1. Exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff. Always smiling and welcoming. Every time we wanted to go somewhere, they'd give us printed directions. Plus they had a whole sheet prepared of nearby restaurants that were open on Thanksgiving Day when we arrived. Also, although check-out time was 11:00am, when we told them we had a late start and couldn't actually leave until 11:30, they said no problem.
2. This place is clean, fresh and like new. The spacious dining area has lots of light and windows, where you can view the pool area, which itself is very nice and there are plenty of outside tables to picnic and take your breakfast outside during nice weather.
3. The hot breakfast, included, was a tremendous value and delicious with plenty of choices for everyone. Eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, coffee, hot chocolate, several cereals, oatmeal, fruit, etc.
4. Although the hotel is located right near the expressway, it was so quiet in the room you would never know. I'm very sensitive to traffic noises and it never bothered me. I got a room that faced an inner street rather than the expressway, which might have helped.
5. My main concerns in lodging are clean, convenient, quiet. This place satisfied all three and then some. This being said, there's a lot of road construction at the interchange to the hotel and it's somewhat confusing, but once you get the hang of it it's fine. It's right off Briley Parkway, the perimeter road around Nashville that connects to I-40, I-24, etc.

• Liked — Clean, convenient, quiet, friendly
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jg05052014h
los angeles
Reviewed November 27, 2006

My friends and I went to Nashville for a girls weekend getaway. After driving 5 hours from St. Louis to Nashville, we arrived at the hotel only to be told we had been BUMPED. Apparently 3 bus loads of people arrived unexpectedly and we got bumped (yes, we had 2 paid, confirmed, and fully booked rooms) to a sister hotel, Alexis Inn and Suites. It was not up to the standard we had paid for--some god awful smell in the halls that made us sick to our stomachs, mold on the shower tiles, rock hard beds, one pull out sofa with the thinnest mattress on it I have ever seen, absolutely NO HOT WATER to be had in either room and we found ourselves standing in ankle deep water during our showers (yep, the tubs didn't drain properly). But hey, they have new Italian marble floors in the lobby. And the Clubhouse Inn and Suites told me to contact hotels.com for a refund--total LIE. The hotel has to contact hotels.com to verify for a refund. Being bumped to a lesser grade hotel totally disrupted our plans for the weekend. I will give this to Clubhouse Inn and Suites, upon our arrival the next morning, I asked to speak to a manager on duty immediately. She listened to our problems, called hotels.com while we were at the desk and gave us a refund for both rooms for both nights we were supposed to stay. The room at the Clubhouse was way better than the first nights hotel and the breakfast in the morning helped. I was always under the assumption that if you were to get bumped to another hotel due to "overbooking", you were supposed to be put up in a nicer hotel. Apparently Clubhouse does this all the time. Had I been aware, I doubt I would have booked us rooms here. The hassle of being bumped totally cut into our sightseeing plans.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends