“Nice but the pool needed cleaning”

Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites
Ranked #72 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed two days and enjoyed most of our stay. Our room was clean and we did not have any issues. We loved the happy hour and the breakfast. Steve really works hard for the hotel keeping everyone taken care of. He was very helpful will suggestions on what to do and how. I was disappointed with the pool and never saw anyone clean it. I still would stay here again.

Room Tip: I agree with picking an inside room to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, until we discovered a theft from our room. When my husband & I met with the manager (Ted), he said he would "bring in a lock tech" to determine whose key had accessed our room, and he said he would call us. He did not call.

Since our stolen item was only worth about $27, Ted probably did not go to the expense of bringing in a lock tech. There are multiple security cameras in the hallways, but they may just be decoy cameras, since Ted did not respond when I suggested that he review the video.

I thought it was rude that the manager did not even apologize to us for the incident, and that he seemed unconcerned. We were not reimbursed for the theft. My husband & I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. We only lost $27, but how much would YOU want to risk losing from your room?

3  Thank 54369Mary
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My overall experience was Great. We found the hotel very easy with the GPS. Lobby was clean and decorated nicely. Our room was a wheelchair room. The bathroom didn't have a rail placed on the side of the commode in the floor. This is often a issue with my sons wheelchair because the rail is really in the way. It had a big enough bathroom and his chair did fit under the sink okay . The only thing negative was that the room smelled a little musty or something. I can handle that part and the mattress were a little broken in, but comfortable to sleep in. NO BUGS anywhere that we could see. The next morning we had a nice breakfast. Hot coffee, juices, milk muffins, toast, fruit, Yogurt, gravy, biscuits, scrambled eggs, sausage, different cereals. Over all breakfast was wonderful. This is great when you have hospital appointments and on a time crunch. We got up loaded the car, went back in and ate a hot and very tasteful breakfast.. Very clean area where breakfast was served. I would book again if we have to go back to Vanderbilt. Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After our previous experience, when the need came again to visit the Opryland Convention Center, we decided to return the Club-Hotel. Check-in was painless and we were giving vouchers for breakfast. This time we had a first floor room. The room was clean, no bugs or signs of bug, the king sized bed was very nice and comfortable. We utilized the Flat screen TV and the WiFi was reasonable. I like the desk with two chairs as it allowed my husband and I to utilize our laptops at the same location. The pool was clean and nice and the meals were better than the majority of "breakfast included" hotels, including scrambled eggs, sausage (or ham another day), gravy, waffles, toast, yogurt and more. There was also coffee, tea and a variety of juices. We enjoyed the "happy hour" to unwind from a day at the convention. I really like the shampoo/lotion products and was so happy they were still using the same product line.

Now a few issues. The carpet near the bath was nasty, making my feet black as I headed to the shower. I wore flip flops after that point. The shower plumbing was functional but the backing was not attached and the drain plug wasn't working properly. There are very limited electrical outlets in the room so keep this in mind when you need to plug in or charge your electronics. There is some road noise on the back side facing the expressway. Obviously they have little control over that but something to be aware of if you are a light sleeper. Consider leaving the fan on for white noise.
Overall, we did enjoy our stay and will consider them again with the hope that these little issues can be resolved by management. IT was still reasonably priced (Expedia for around $80 before taxes) compared to other facilities in the area.

Room Tip: Bring a three way adapter if you have a lot of electronics to plug in or charge. Rooms on the back...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Someone_special_GA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The motel was clean, friendly staff, beds good, Great Pool, Free Happy Hour M-T with snacks. Close to gas, restaurants, and convenient store, all inside rooms, some with balcony. Does have elevators. Price with taxes and etc. $116/nite

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the pool/courtyard
2  Thank Richmond11
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is a mess. Our room was clean, but it needed to be painted. They had just put in new carpet and it looked terrible. It looks like they are in the middle of updating the rooms with granite counter tops and carpet, but the furniture is trashed in the room. The walls were stained. Our bed was soft and comfy, but that is the only good thing I can say about this place. It looks as though they don't have a maintenance person. The grounds are a mess, the shrubs need trimmed. Terrible location with no restaurants or nearby gas stations. The breakfast was OK, up until we saw cockroaches in the eating area.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. The rooms were not clean or updated. I'm pretty sure the 5 stars are fakes. Food was awful, service was terrible, we had bugs in our room and had to be moved. They told us we were getting a deal and we paid the same price as everyone else. A member of our party fell on a stair that broke as she was walking down them. The wood was totally rotten. I asked for a cab and they always called a shuttle, not a cab. He ripped us off brutally. The pool was never cleaned and gave a few people a rash. This is a 39.99 dollar motel style dump. Nothing is updated or nice.
As a foreign traveler I found it annoying that their payment machines continued to decline all of my cards making it hard to pay for the room. Check in is at 3pm and yet no one in our party ever got a room before 4:30pm. We were there for work as a large party, 13 rooms booked ten months ago and nothing was ready for us. It was disturbing. I would tent in Nashville before I would stay at a Club Hotel for free. The 5 stars are fakes, probably done by owners or staff.
Be warned.