“One of our best dining experiences ever!”

Skull's Rainbow Room
Reserve a Table
Sun, 10/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #12 of 2,589 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I were in Nashville for a 3-day weekend around the LSU-Vandy game. I'd looked over Trip Advisor and this place had excellent reviews. I tried a few times during the week before to get a reservation, but was disappointed that no times were available either of the possible days. Then on Sunday morning I tried Opentable again and was able to get a reservation that night. I'm so glad I didn't give up. We had a wonderful evening from beginning to end. We'd arrived almost an hour early but the host was able to get us a table in a few minutes, and we enjoyed joking with him while we waited. Our server Cole was excellent and we also had a good time talking with him about football, Apple products, and watches, among other things. We'd read reviews about some of the best dishes at Skull's and the reviews were correct -- a large slab of perfectly cooked prime rib with excellent, fresh horseradish; scallops that were crisp on the outside, but soft and juicy on the inside; and some of the best lobster bisque we'd eaten. The final piece of the experience, which really elevated our enjoyment, was the jazz group that played during dinner. We enjoyed the songs played (some Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Stevie Wonder, etc.) and particularly liked the singing and personality of the leader of the group,. My wife and I felt that the food was as good as anything we'd eaten at our favorite restaurants (Galatoire's and Commander's Palace in New Orleans) but Skull's adds the cool Jazz music. It was a perfect dining experience and we hope to return.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (946)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped by right before our ride back to airport. Glad we did. Great cocktails and service. Definitely a must visit bar in Nashville.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food here is very good. Steaks are great. The music is very good also. The only reason I did not give more stars is that we were disappointed with the burlesque show. We had higher expectations of something a little more classy. I would suggest dining here and hanging out for the music but skip the show,

2  Thank Traciebeth
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place was recommended to us by a family member & I am so glad it was on our radar. I recommend putting a reminder in your calendar to get a reservation. I called the day reservations were accepted for our date & was only able to get a 9:00 seating, so they book quickly. After our wonderful visit I see why! The food was outstanding! We got aps, salads & entrees (too full for dessert sadly) and it was all superb! Best meal we had the whole trip. Be prepared to spend some money because it is pricey but the quality is truly amazing. The jazz band they had while we were there was great!

2  Thank cecilyjobe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was good. Ordered the 8 ounce filet.... maybe 6 ounces. Pricey. Order the whole bottle of wine as the pour is stingy.