“Great food/great coffee” 5 of 5 bubbles

Frothy Monkey
Ranked #94 of 2,010 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bellmont/Hillsboro
Description: Frothy Monkey is the breakfast through dinner coffeehouse feat. Creative folks using local ingredients to prepare original dishes served in a cozy and approachable atmosphere. This location offers breakfast, brunch every day, kids menu, lunch + dinner with a expanded beverage offerings including coffeehouse standards as well as craft beer, wine, mimosas + bloody mary's.
Ohio
“Great food/great coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was a wonderful little stop. The coffee was great, and the food tasted wonderful! The service was friendly and fast too.

Central California
“Donut muffin & mocha madness!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Always wanting to keep it local while on vacation, I decided to skip my usual morning go to, (Starbucks) and try the FM, while in Nashville. Without reservation--I'm going to applaud the Monkey for serving me the very best non fat, no whip, Mocha I have EVER had...then I bit into a delicious donut muffin & the day somehow managed to rise even further off the charts! If ever in Nashville, do yourself a favor & swing by FM :)

Kingston, Jamaica
“I've tried, but can't recommend this local chain”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Based on rave reviews from folks I trust I've visited this location and the one in Franklin a few times each and have not been impressed. The coffee is consistently mediocre or worse. The staff has been okay at best and rude normally. Even though they occasionally have gluten free items, no one can tell me if they're dairy free too. Since I haven't been able to determine if there are any allergens in the food, I have not eaten here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My mom and I walked from our downtown hotel to this place twice for breakfast/brunch. The food was fresh and delicious. My cappuccino was pretty and it tasted fantastic. I would definitely return.

Bakersfield, California
“Good coffee, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I made it my mission to try as many local coffee houses as I could on my first trip to Nashville. I give Frothy Monkey two thumbs up, and a promise to return if I can on my next trip! First of all, I LOVED the atmosphere inside and out, I felt comfortable bringing my kids and my stroller and hanging out while we waited for and sipped on our coffee. I love that there was an option for the non-coffee drinking members of our group (my husband said the bottled chocolate milk from a local dairy was seriously amazing. And I love that the coffee was STRONG and tasty great as well. I felt like it was pretty unpretentious, which is nice in a hipster trendy coffee house as this seemed to be. I was happy to find a gem on the long list of places I had to try during my recent visit!

• Visited July 2014