“Not your typical coffeehouse”
Review of Frothy Monkey

Frothy Monkey
Ranked #70 of 2,109 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Bellmont/Hillsboro
Description: Frothy Monkey is the breakfast through dinner coffeehouse feat. Creative folks using local ingredients to prepare original dishes served in a cozy and approachable atmosphere. This location offers breakfast, brunch every day, kids menu, lunch + dinner with a expanded beverage offerings including coffeehouse standards as well as craft beer, wine, mimosas + bloody mary's.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went for breakfast and 2 dinners over a 2 nite stay. The hot oatmeal for my wife was the reason the frothy monkey made it on our list of new places to try. Wife loved the oatmeal with multiple options add to it. The hot lattes were excellent. I had a good sausage-swiss cheese omelet. During our first dinner I ordered the PMP sandwich and wife ordered the Betsy (chicken salad) sandwich. We both got the vegan veggie soup. Our orders got swapped, so my wife had a couple bites of the PMP before she realized the mix-up. No big deal, but she enjoyed the PMP so much, we returned the next evening & we both ordered the PMP, me with the vegan chili, wife with house salad. All of it was fresh, visually pleasing, great tasting and good presentation for a coffeehouse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking linens and the family silver. Almost forgot, vegen chili. You can't make good chili without beef or sausage, usually both. Well, I was wrong, it tasted like chili and it tasted good. Thankfully the meat was NOT substituted with pasta. IMO, and I do have many, but chili with pasta is gross. Was impressed with the Green Hare Double Stout beer. Similar to an Imperial Stout.

Located in commercial/residential mix area in a converted home. Nice outdoor deck, pet friendly. Across the street from Belmont University with Vanderbilt and Lipscomb Universities down the street, so mostly an upper crust student clientele.

Most of the students walk and you may have to wait for a parking space in back to come available.

You order drinks and food, wait for drinks and they bring your food to your table. They also bus the tables. The person doing the drinks is a multi-tasker, he or she is fulfilling 3-6 drinks/minute. Staff is friendly, efficient and in constant motion. There is no standing-around when not serving a costumer. Manager has employees well trained and looking for opportunities.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Vacationed during valentines weekend with my girlfriend and had just a delicious meal at this hip coffeehouse. She ordered a chicken salad sandwich that came with chips and salsa. She said that the sandwich was one of the best sandwiches she has had in a long time. I ordered a breakfast platter with eggs, bacon, toast and pancakes. While the portions aren't going to fill you up, they more than make up for it in taste. The eggs were seasoned, bacon crispy, toast came with a what seemed like a homemade strawberry jelly, and pancakes that were served with an apple flavored syrup. I'm not one to fill out reviews on restaurants but my meal was just to good not to share. Stop by frothy monkey and you wont be disappointed

2  Thank ryan o
Reviewed January 21, 2014

stand in line to order breakfast and coffee, then they bring it to the table. Definitely had a hip vibe. Liked the music but it was too loud. Had the oatmeal which comes with a wide choice of toppings - made mine with almonds/bananas/strawberries - somewhat clumpy but tasted great. Good value for the dollar. Dining partners had waffles and pancakes - also recommend. The chia tea latte was excellent...even had artwork on top. People with babies in highchairs, dogs, young hip neighborhood place. Parking out back.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We go to the Frothy Monkey in Franklin and it has become part of our Saturday morning ritual. The food is fabulous, and the coffees are always served with love!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was the kind of place we were looking for in Nashville. Lots of locals, various ages (everyone from 20something hipsters to young families) the coffee was ok but it was soo crowded we never got to sit down!