“Anniversary”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blakemore
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

This is a very top notch restaurant. Excellent services and high quality food. It is well worth going again.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 25, 2019

First of all, the food is great! My boyfriend and I both had filets. Mine was cooked perfectly, but his was slightly over cooked. The potatoes and brussel sprouts are also great!

While we enjoyed our meal, we felt our experience was ruined by the service. Our server was not attentive and rarely came over to our table. When our food came, she never asked us how it was. I was debating getting the mac and cheese and my server convinced me to do so. She didn't come over and ask how it was or if I liked it. She also brought me two drinks at a time because "she thought I would drink them." It just felt a little insulting and lazy. At the end of the meal, she dropped the check off and we never saw her again. The manager came over and took our payment.

Overall, when going to a nicer restaurant, we expect to have service that matches the quality and prices of the food. We were disappointed with the subpar service and probably will not be returning. The service really ruined our experience.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank AAT013
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant was set up like a romantic cabin. Fire place and all, we enjoyed everything we ate. I had four people with me and we all ordered something different it was really good.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

First time at SR. Excellent everything. Steaks were perfect. Very good wine list. Baked potatoes were best I have ever had.
Good value for service and food. Will be back.

Well, we went back today, 5/5/2019. Not busy when we arrived for early reservation for dinner. Seated right away. Everything went ok until right after we ordered our dinners. First, it took forever to receive our food. First round of appetizers was good. Then we waited almost an hour for our main course. There were six of us at table. Five received their food. It took another 25 minutes for my wife to get her steak. Some of our food was just warm. Steaks were good. They did comp us for one of our meals and gave us desserts. We were in the restaurant for nearly 3 hours. I do not know what was wrong but seemed like most tables waited very long for their food.
We will try one more time. Hopefully SR just had a bad day today. We will see next time.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank 626lloydm
Reviewed April 22, 2019

Arrived as it opened at 5:00. Were seated in a small room where they seated 3 other tables who arrived at same time. A large table set for a prom group who had not yet arrived was next to us; apparently they had pre-ordered their food. Their food was served about 20 minutes before ours; we were not served until 6:10. The waiter in the hour and 10 minutes we waited never once acknowledged or explained our long wait, much less apologized. I actually asked and received the check before the food as we were headed to a 7:00 concert. We packed our food in to-go boxes without eating. Total waste of time and money!

Date of visit: April 2019