“Wonderful steak house”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 2,139 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blakemore
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Chose this restaurant while out of town for 10th wedding anniversary. Both of us ordered filets & mashed sweet potato casserole. Excellent service, excellent food!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

From the entrance with 4 very attractive girls welcoming you, table service that was spot on, to the food, steak of course. Set the standard for first vist to Nashville.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Really enjoyed this place. The steak was excellent and the service wonderful. Had a great atmosphere but not pretentious. I highly recommend the blue cheese potato chips for an appetizer!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stoney River is definitely the place to go for steak lovers! As an avid trip advisor reviewer and reader of other reviews, I thought I’d try this place out for myself. I couldn’t be more pleased with this restaurant!!! The atmosphere is perfect. I had previously looked at the menu and was slightly worried that it would be too formal. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. There were people dressed up, however there were also several tables with men wearing shorts and t-shirts as well as women wearing jeans and casual tops. Don’t worry about it being too stuffy.

Our waitress, Heather was wonderful! She was extremely friendly and started our experience off with a great fritter-like bread with honey butter for dipping. I chose the 14oz Ribeye and it was cooked perfectly! The steak comes with one side, however I couldn’t decide between the burgundy button mushrooms and the mashed sweet potato casserole, so I ordered both of them! It was all I could do to not scoop all of the yummy mushrooms right into my purse. AMAZING!!! The mashed sweet potato casserole was excellent as well and when I return I will order the exact same meal. My friend also ordered the ribeye, but she chose the baked potato and jumbo asparagus for her sides. We were celebrating her birthday so even though we were miserably stuffed from our entrees, we made room for the chocolate fudge blondie. Oh my gosh…to die for!!! I have included pictures of our entire meal, which I hope will entice you even more.

Although this restaurant is on the expensive side, I believe it is worth every penny. I frequently travel to Nashville in the fall/winter for Titans games and I know this will become a tradition each visit. So so good!!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Used to be the gold standard ribeye steak...Used to be a TRUE coowboy ribeye - whole rib, 1.5 - 2 inch steak. I was disappointed to see that they have gone the way of most chain restaurants - split rib cut, so that they can get more steaks out of each section. A TRUE cowboy ribeye is cut along the rib, so that one ends up with something that looks like what Fred Flintstone used to out in his car. Problem is that the ribs run diagonal, so you can't get as many steaks.

steak, 2 glasses of wine - 70.00. The steak used to be that good...not now.