“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 2,031 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blakemore
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
San Antonio, Texas
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Absolutely amazing! Having been to a handful of high-end steak restaurants, I believe I can write this review with some confidence. My wife and I were in Nashville for a wedding and decided to spend this evening on an early anniversary date night. Since higher-end steakhouses have been our anniversary tradition we researched the options and chose Stoney River. We were not mistaken. The service was exceptional and the food was absolutely mind blowing.

To start, we were seated within 5 minutes even though we were there 30 minutes before our reservation. Our server was courteous and prompt the entire time. We started with a martini and jack/coke which were a bit on the strong side but I'd prefer strong if I am going to pay a lot for them. Next we were served this small poppy seed rolls that were phenomenal. The honey butter they were served with put them over the edge!

For an app we had the tomatoes and mozzarella with haystack onions....blew us away. That is our favorite dish at home and when eating out and it was the BEST we have ever had. Absolutely amazing.

Dinner was a 14oz Strip for my wife and a 14oz Ribeye for me. Her side was mashed potatoes with caramelized onions on top. My side was cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes. I have to tell you, as a big time fan of steak and sweet potatoes, this place put my favorite steak restaurant (Del Frisco's Double Eagle) on notice. I was completely amazed at the flavors, perfect preparation, and overall taste of this meal.

Dessert was Creme Brulee which, once again, surpassed our expectations by miles. Very delicious.

Overall, one of the BEST meals we have eaten out and most definitely tied for top place on our list of higher-end steakhouses. Well done! I highly recommend Stoney River to anyone looking for quality service, food, and an outstanding experience!

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Murfreesboro, TN
“Keep Coming Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I have tried several high end steak houses in Nashville and we keep coming back to Stoney River. Yes, we prefer it over Flemings and Ruth's Chris. And the best part is that it is even cheaper. We recently celebrated our anniversary there and had a great experience again. I got the coffee cured filet for the first time and fell in love with it. My wife got her usual 10 oz. top sirloin and was pleased as usual. They brought us a complimentary chocolate cake that was huge and delicous. We had another great trip and will definitely go back. We do not drink but we had an app, and two steak dinners for $70 with tax and before tip.

1 Thank bigd82
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent steaks and great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went to this place while visiting Nashville. We made reservations and so while waiting we sat at the bar and had a couple of drinks. I would have to say that I probably had one of the best Long Island Ice Tea's that I have ever had. The bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable. Then we were seated. For some strange reason no one came over to our table for at least 10 minutes. Then we flagged someone down and they were profusely apologetic. We placed our orders: wedge salad, bone-in ribeye, pork chop, delicious....Then we had a couple more and drinks and asked for the check. To our surprise the manager took care of the entire bill since we waited so long to be served. We will be back, not just for the food, but also the service.

Nolensville, Tennessee, United States
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I made a call ahead reservation for 6 pm on a Saturday night to celebrate a friends birthday. The hostess undoubtedly noted what I was wearing as she easily found us seated at the bar within the 30 minute window I was told the table would be ready. We enjoyed the 5-7 happy hour priced appetizer of whiskey shrimp ($6) and a glass of the Stoney River Cabernet ($5) then for dinner, the filet was melt in your mouth perfect. My friend had the ribs and said they were tender and delicious as well. The atmosphere is warm and quite enough to hear each other yet not so quiet everyone around us heard us too. There is a complimentary valet or you can self park in the Region lot next door.

Nashville, Tennessee
“If you have2 days in Nashville ,MAKE Stoney River 1 of them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We know almost all of the Nashville steak,seafood,continental,Italian .. places .That is our preference and I promise-StoneyRiver will not disappoint.It will overwhelm.
Go to RuthsChris,Morton's,Flemings..... but again as a Nashvillian u cannot top this place.

Food,service,atmosphere,quality are all there.Just do it. 1tip- they say no reservations but call ,say a friend ( me ) recommended it and
U want to be on the 'list '.They will see your name and get you seated
I promise!