“Neat Nashville time warp.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Standard

The Standard
167 Rosa L Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 37203-3731 (Downtown Nashville)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Standard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 1,953 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: between Commerce and Church Sts.
Fairview, Tennessee
“Neat Nashville time warp.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

What a great evening. I felt like I'd been transported back in time. The Standard is located in a historic townhouse that's been in Nashville since the late 1800's. We had drinks before dinner in an intimate bar area with wonderful low lighting. Dinner was in one of many rooms - decorated with period pieces and game on the walls. Our room had a huge elk. The service was fantastic! The servers were well versed in the menu and the specials. The food was excellent! We started with an appetizer sampler that had calamari, fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits with tomato jam. All were delicious. I want to go back and try the crab bisque sometime though. My entree was the sea bass. Totally yummy! I wish I'd had more. I got to taste the Filet and I highly recommend that also. One of our party got the wild game of the night which I think was antelope - it was flavorful but after eating the filet came off a bit chewy. All the sides were fabulous. The bacon braised brussel sprouts were wonderful. We were lucky enough to be with members of The Standard Club and got to tour the rest of the house. Fantastic! I felt like I needed a hoop skirt and a fan. I would definitely return again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

Atlanta
“Best steak I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here while on vacation in Nashville. Ambiance was perfect, service great and food amazing! I had the strip and it was cooked to perfection! My husband had the filet and said the same. Highly recommend for a date night out!

1 Thank kimmyhawk
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Intimate fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a delectable dinner in this quaint Victorian styled restaurant. The menu was varied as was the wine selection. Service was outstanding. Truly a fine dining experience.

2 Thank Michael M
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“When you visit Nashville, The Standard is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Fantastic ambience, great service, and fabulous food. We both had the house special, which was a beautiful piece of 'melt in your mouth filet', served on a truffle hash cake, with tobacco onions. One of the best meals we have ever had! The prices are not cheap, but this is true 4 star dining.

Worth taking the time to visit The Standard in Nashville, TN.

Visited June 2014
Athens, Georgia
“Great dinner and drinks at The Standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Located in the Smith House. Dining rooms are cozy and lend themselves to relaxed dining and conversation. Food is excellent, prepared and presented well. Staff is knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. $150 tab for two included before dinner drinks, wine with dinner, and a 20% tip.

Visited May 2014