“Great Food, Questionable Entertainment”
Review of Sambuca

Sambuca
Reserve with OpenTable
Sambuca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 2,038 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: near 12th & Demonbreum
Transit: The Green Line is a free bus runing every 15 min. untill 11 pm to & from downtown (but not on Sunday's )
Columbia, SC
“Great Food, Questionable Entertainment”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our group of four had an 8PM reservation and were seated within about ten minutes. That was outstanding considering how crowded they were. The food was outstanding. Steaks were cooked to perfection and the side dishes were very good. Deserts were good but nothing memorable.

We were told the entertainment was jazz. I did not realize "Achy Breaky Heart" and that type music was jazz....but I guess I was wrong. It was ok though because a couple of young ladies from the bachelorette party provided other entertainment, especially the one that decided that standing in her chair to dance was a good idea.

All said, a fun evening and money well spent.

• Turkish first
Pennsylvania
“Great Food & Entertainment”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Took a party of 9 to this restaurant and it was great! The waiter was one of the most knowledgeable I've ever met; knew the menu well and gave great advice on which items to pair-up, modify, etc. He basically built a custom dinner for each of us and was very attentive to our needs. I had the Hickory-Smoked Prime Pork Chop with smashed potatoes, a scallop, and Prosciutto Mac & Cheese - amazing! For dessert, I shared a Cheesecake Sopapilla with a friend, and it was absolutely delicious. Would definitely return to this restaurant next time in Nashville.

Visited April 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“very yummy!!! but need more veggie options..”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved the live music, loved the food, would definitely go back. Sitting too close to stage however... it can be hard to here conversations...
Also another downside... only 1 good vegetarian option. They need at least 1 more vegetarian option. As the night I went they actually sold out of their veggie lasagna, and I ended up getting the last one. I would have been very upset if I could not have gotten their lasagna.

Visited April 2013
Georgetown, Indiana
“One of the coolest places I have been”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Let me start by saying this place is AWESOME!!!! We were passing through Nashville on our way to Atlanta. Did a little looking on the internet before we left to find a neat place with live music for dinner. I am so glad we found Sambuca. The place is so cool, and located in The Guluch, a really upscale part of town. The food was pretty good, but the atmosphere totally made up for anything the food was lacking. I had the lobster enchiladas, and my girlfriend had the sea bass. Mine was not bad, a decent flavor, but couldn't really taste the lobster. Her sea bass was very moist and tender. Minnie Murphy was the singer when we were there, and she did a fantastic job. Would have loved to stay longer, but we had to get on the road. Will make a return trip, and stay longer.

Franklin, Tennessee
“Worth Writing About!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was our 22nd anniversary & we wanted to visit the Gulch in Nashville for the first time. We chose Sambuca because it had a great menu & live music. What a find! Our service was exceptional, the wine superb, the food absolutely delicious, & the entertainment fabulous. We'll do it again for a special occasion as it is rather pricey - about $200 for drinks & food but well worth it. Although it's described as "business casual" dress, it was more on the casual side. A wonderful evening!