“Great coffee, average food”
Review of Bongo Java

Bongo Java
Ranked #6 of 65 Coffee & Tea in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Bellmont/Hillsboro
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This review is for the Belmont location, which is one of those charming coffee shops in what looks like a former single family home. It's the kind of place that makes me feel hip just to be seen in, except I can't quite pull off the apathetic coolness of the hipsters that populate such places. It is so nice to be in a coffee shop that isn't a national chain with a presence on every corner. In fact, I did not see a single one of those in Nashville. I'm sure I just must have missed it, but I don't see how that's possible. Back to the review -- the specialty latte I ordered was EXCELLENT. Apparently, their specialty drink menu changes every so often. Mine was a "forest" something, which had maple flavor. I ordered bagel and lox. My bagel was stale and I was already disappointed that they did not have garlic bagels to begin with, so it did not help my impression of their food. So this is a mixed review. Very good for coffee, average for food.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great coffee, sandwiches and food in a nice place. One of the best for Belmont students. Right across the street. Good prices. wi-fi. Great place to work or just relx

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had to write this review of the East Nashville location of Bongo Java. I left there today feeling deflated. First, I live in the area and my husband and I love to be able to walk to a coffee shop. We have been to this location multiple times, but I'm over it. I won't be going back. I feel like the coffee is expensive, the service is terrible, and the atmosphere is awful. When I think of a coffee shop, I think of being able to relax and hang out. This place is loud, uncomfortable, and dirty. There are flies everywhere. So it looks like I'm just going to have to drive to get coffee.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Just a fun place. Nothing fancy, but the breakfast was great! Coffee outstanding. Had a bagel ham egg breakfast sandwich that was awesome. Hubby had the breakfast burrito! Both were great! Try it! Nice place in fun part of town!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Good coffee and the bagel sandwiches are good. However, the service can be ok sometimes. But if you are in East Nashville its not a bad place to grab coffee.