“Hometown Hospitality”

Jay's Family Restaurant
Ranked #379 of 2,044 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Family style restaurant serving the Nashville area home-style fixins for over 20 years!
Montgomery, Alabama
“Hometown Hospitality”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stopped by this restaurant after finding it in my reward dining program while driving through Nashville. It is not in the nicest part of town and current road construction means you need to pay attention but it is well worth the stop. Very friendly and prompt service. Wife ordered the lunch special of 2 Sloppy Joe's and french fries with tea. I ordered their hand battered chicken "fingers" with mac & cheese as a side with ranch and honey mustard dipping sauces. The three chicken fingers were each more like 1/2 of a breast, hand battered and fried to perfection. Lightly battered and breaded. Some of the best chicken fingers I have ever had....especially for only $6.99 for the 3 pieces and side. The honey mustard dipping sauce was home made....the ranch dressing was Manzetti packaged salad dressing. Our total was $16...a very good value. The decor is dated but clean and well maintained.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Erik57

Nashville, Tennessee
“Best meat and 3 in Nashville”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This little "hole in the wall" restaurant has the best home cooking in Nashville. I used to pass by it and the parking lot was always full so my wife and I went in and it was the best home cooking we have had in some time. The prices were very reasonable for a family on a budget. The service was excellent. The food was served quickly and everything was made from scratch. Southern hospitality at its best! Chicken and dressing was the best I have tasted in a restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Family restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great place to have a good meal at an affordable price. I liked the pork chops. Yum-yum. The service is great and the staff is friendly.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Really good country food”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've been here several times and there the real thing if you like country food. Nothing fancy to look at but everything is genuine country. The folks are friendly and it get's a little crowded at lunch time but it's worth it.....good lemon merainge pie.....forgive my spelling.

• Visited August 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food and great prices”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We first visited this restaurant because we could easily park our RV there and get out easily. Going inside, we were quickly greeted and seated. Our drink order was taken and very quickly delivered to our table. We then ordered our meal. Much to our surprise, less than 5 minutes later it was on the table, hot and ready to eat. The portions were generous and very good. When we got our bill, it was so reasonable that we decided that this would be our 'go to' restaurant, when we wanted to eat out. I recommend it highly for good family meals. Nothing fancy, but very friendly family atmosphere.

• Visited April 2012