“Good music and Fried green tomatoes!”
Review of The George Jones

The George Jones Museum Admission
Ranked #41 of 268 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The George Jones is a world-class entertainment venue located in downtown Nashville honoring country music icon George Jones. The recently-renovated 4-story, 46,000 square foot building features live country music, a smokehouse BBQ restaurant, rooftop bar, a museum, a gift shop and private event space. George Jones had more country songs in the top 40 of the Billboard chart than any artist in history. "When people ask me who my favorite country singer is, I say, 'You mean besides George Jones?'" That's what Johnny Cash, and millions of others, have said about "The Possum," who gets the Music City shrine he rightly deserves with the George Jones Museum. The country music icon made the world cry with "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and made the world hiccup with "White Lightning." The New York Times calls the museum a "lovingly curated shrine" that is just like George's music: "a deep trove of raw feeling, triumph, tragedy, humor, hokiness and eccentricity." Nashville Happens Here!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed May 31, 2018

We stopped in as we were walking by and heard the live music! Stopped in for a mimosa and a few items off the menu! Fried green tomatoes were excellent....our server, Logan was attentive and friendly, and overall the bar/restaurant was clean and welcoming! Listened to the most amazing talented 13 year old artist....blown away by her singing ability and guitar playing! Will be back on our next visit!

Allie P, Guest Relations Manager at The George Jones, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

We appreciate you leaving us a great review! We hope you stop by again the next time you're in town!

All reviews
"rooftop bar"
in 205 reviews
"live music"
in 65 reviews
"white lightning"
in 16 reviews
"great view of the river"
in 15 reviews
in 7 reviews
"personal items"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed May 30, 2018

First night in town so had no expectations. the food, music and atmosphere were great. We ended up stopping by the rooftop a couple more times!!

Allie P, Guest Relations Manager at The George Jones, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review! We love hearing that you enjoyed your experience at The George Jones, and especially your time on our rooftop! We hope to see you all on your next trip to Nashville!

Reviewed May 22, 2018

I had high hopes for The George Jones but felt let down. I've included a list of pros/cons from my perspective below:

Pros:
-Excellent rooftop view. Plenty of seating up top and live music was a nice treat.
-Elevator to navigate to additional floors. This was very much appreciated.
-Great overall ambiance and very spacious which makes navigating the space quite a bit easier.

Cons:
-The food was poor. My husband ordered the pretzel bites. These should be difficult to mess up, so we were a bit surprised that they didn't taste good. They tasted like grease as opposed to how they would normally taste (like a doughy pretzel). This is minor, therefore I hate to mention it, however the menu stated it would come with the beer cheese dip and it instead arrived with a spicy mustard type of dip. Some folks tend to prefer one over the other, therefore it would be appreciated if servers would mention why something is different then stated on the menu as opposed to just passing it off like its correct. I thought it was wrong, but we were hesitant to ask about it as we no longer had the menus in front of us. I had ordered the $14 hummus platter. The hummus was tasty, which was impressive as were the salty pita chips. The other items again were a bit surprising. Some of my fresh veggies were limp, which meant they weren't fresh. The worst part was what appeared to be cold canned beans that were served on the platter. Who thought draining a can of beans and tossing it on a plate for a customer would be tasty to dip in hummus? Overall, presentation should have been better. The pile of hummus was just slopped on the plate and running into the other items. Why am I spending so much time detailing this? Because it would be so easy to improve this experience in the future. Putting the hummus in a little bowl on the platter, serving fresh veggies and not including canned cold beans could really make the platter a winner. As I said, the hummus tasted great!
-Our server didn't seem to like her job. Customer service is huge these days and a pleasant interaction would have gone a long ways, even with the canned cold beans :-)
-Lastly, as I mentioned, having an elevator to the other levels is a huge plus. I was a bit surprised though to see that there were 5 or so steps though required to navigate from the entrance to the main level. I looked around for another option but did not see one. I struggle with steps, therefore my husband had to lift me up each one. Seems odd for such a nicely updated place to only have a stair option in the front. Perhaps I missed something though and there was another option to navigate to the main level.

Allie P, Guest Relations Manager at The George Jones, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Hi there! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a detailed review as we take all feedback very seriously. Would you be so kind as to send us a note to info@georgejones.com with details of what day/time you were there, as well as who your server was/what they looked like? Customer service is very important to us, so we want to be able to address it. Thank you!

Reviewed May 19, 2018

This is hardly a hidden gem but the rooftop is a great location and wasn't overcrowded even when we were there on a Friday night. The view is really cool (overlooks the stadium) and if there are fireworks you can catch the show. Pulled pork was super tasty and they can easily accommodate groups.

Allie P, Guest Relations Manager at The George Jones, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Hi Kristin! Thank you so much for the great review! We hope you stop by again soon!