“Great staff”

The George Jones Museum Admission
Ranked #42 of 267 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The George Jones is a world-class entertainment venue located in downtown Nashville honoring country music icon George Jones. The recently-renovated 4-story, 46,000 square foot building features live country music, a smokehouse BBQ restaurant, rooftop bar, a museum, a gift shop and private event space. George Jones had more country songs in the top 40 of the Billboard chart than any artist in history. "When people ask me who my favorite country singer is, I say, 'You mean besides George Jones?'" That's what Johnny Cash, and millions of others, have said about "The Possum," who gets the Music City shrine he rightly deserves with the George Jones Museum. The country music icon made the world cry with "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and made the world hiccup with "White Lightning." The New York Times calls the museum a "lovingly curated shrine" that is just like George's music: "a deep trove of raw feeling, triumph, tragedy, humor, hokiness and eccentricity." Nashville Happens Here!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Visited during the CMA Fest in Nashville. Streets were crazy packed. However, we found a great location to spend during some of the hot weather. The rooftop bar was a fantastic place to listen to the live music coming from the riverfront stage located right across the street. Although this restaurant offers VIP seating which is located directly on the railing overlooking the live music (and sells out well ahead of time), we were still able to enjoy drinks and hear great music.
A special acknowledgement to Tiny, the not-so-small bouncer/friendliest employee we encountered. By far, he will be one of the reasons we will visit this restaurant in the next couple of months.

1  Thank GordonPamAly
Jill C, Marketing Communications at The George Jones, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a note. We love reading reviews like this! We're so excited to know you enjoyed your time on the rooftop during CMA Fest. It's one of our favorite times of the year! We'll be sure to pass you compliments on to our staff as well. They look forward to seeing you again!

All reviews
"rooftop bar"
in 208 reviews
"live music"
in 72 reviews
"white lightning"
in 16 reviews
"great view of the river"
"lawn mower"
"downtown nashville"
in 17 reviews
"on display"

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Walked in, met a very nice bartender named Briana and we wound up spending most of our evenings there. We sat at the bar, had the best BBQ wings I have ever eaten (House Bourbon Sauce), drank some drinks and listened to wonderful music by the local talent. This is definitely going to be my go to place every time I go back to Nashville. Well done! Loved it.

Thank you for your kinds words! We'll be sure to pass them along to Briana & our other staff as well. So happy to hear you enjoyed the wings...they're definitely becoming a crowd favorite! As for the music, we so proud of our entertainers, so it makes us extra happy to know you enjoyed the music. A sincere thanks for choosing to spend time at with us. Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 3, 2017

My husband and son visited this museum while we were on vacation, I opted out since I'm not a big George Jones fan. They really enjoyed all of the memorabilia that was in there, they would definately go back. Since I didn't want to go thru the museum, I looked thru their gift shop and had a seat in a connected coffee shop.

We're happy to hear your husband and son enjoyed the museum. Thanks for dropping us a note to let us know. We appreciate it!

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Wow! Going into this museum I didn't know much about George Jones but my boyfriend is a huge fan so we went to check it out. Loved that they encouraged you to purchase a drink at the bar to take with you while browsing the museum! Unlike others that are far more strict and won't even let you carry a water bottle around. Great layout, not crowded at all, and so many fun facts, information, and cool things to see! I came out a fan! I prefer this museum over the Johnny Cash one. The Rooftop bar was a lot of fun after as well, and I heard the restaurant on the first floor had very good food; I would definitely like to return here!

Jill C, Marketing Communications at The George Jones, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your visit to the George Jones Museum, Kathryn. We love hearing feedback like this! We aim to make the atmosphere relaxed and enjoyable and it's so cool to hear George Jones gained a new fan. Hope to see you again soon.