Open today: 6:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Fishing for the first time with Ed

My 6 and 8 year old daughters and I had a great time fishing with Ed. He was very patient teaching... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
FunFunFunTrip
My son and I went on a trip with Ed.

Not only was he unbelievably well informed regarding the area, but his expertise with respect to... read more

Reviewed June 27, 2019
BobMara

Recommended experiences in and around Nashville
from $88.88
from $55.00
from $78.00
from $34.00
More Info
All reviews fishing trip great fishing great trip caught lots of fish striped bass bachelor party stripers gear fished bait boat 8lb pole reel blast stars country
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I recently fished with Ed for the day, and took along my 14 year old son and his friend. It was a truly terrific day on the water, and Ed put the boys on some fish in no time. The conditions were quite windy, and Ed managed things very well (for anyone who fished regularly, you know that a windy day certainly adds to the challenge). Ed's easy demeanor and quality instruction had the boys landing fish in no time, while he managed the boat and gear. It was a real pleasure to fish with Ed, and having fished with many guides around the country, I can safely say that we have one of the finest right here in Nashville! Many thanks Ed. We will definitely be back for more!

Derek Welch, Nashville

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

My wife wanted to go out fishing, but we don’t own a boat and we wanted to catch something other than blue gill. After searching online, she found Ed Martin. We emailed each other back and forth, and he explained the process in a very detailed manner. It was a $100 deposit to hold the date. We met at Elm Hill Marina (Shipwreck Cove restaurant) and were on our way. Within the 1st hour we caught a couple fish! He answered all of our curiosity questions about the process and the right way to reel in a fish. By the end of the day, we caught 10-12 fish! It was a fantastic time and we plan on going again with more people (he takes up to 5).

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I wanted to do something special for my dad's birthday when I came across Ed on trip advisor. I don't normally go for activities suggested by trip advisor, but I am sure glad I went for it this time. This was the best fishing experience I have ever had and I know my dad agreed. Ed was friendly, conversational, knowledgable, and knows where all of the best fishing spots are. Be prepared to catch a ton of fish! My dad and I caught the biggest fish of the day within the first 15 minutes. I would recommend this to anyone that loves the water, loves fishing, or is looking for their first ever fishing trip. I will definitely be back for more fishing with Ed!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Ed was extremely knowledgeable of the lake, and we were on fish in no time. Moving from spot to spot, we were bringing them in during the whole trip. Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in hauling in some big fish!
-Bill

Reviewed June 22, 2018

We just wrapped up our corporate meeting in Nashville. I am the event planner and we needed to find a variety of social activities for our attendees. With the help of the Nashville CVB I was lucky enough to find Ed Martin. He was great to work with and went above and beyond to meet the needs of this group. One of the most challenging issues we had to overcome was getting the fishing license for the group in advance. Ed helped to hook us up with the right person at the DNR and made what I thought would be a daunting task much easier than expected. Ed also offered to purchase the beverages for our group and just added that to our invoice. As an event planner, it is the extra things like this that make my job easier. And, as an added bonus, the guys had a great time and said the guides really knew what they were doing. They had some great catches. I would highly recommend Ed Martin's fishing guide service.

Date of experience: June 2018