Open today: 6:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Fishing for the first time with Ed

My 6 and 8 year old daughters and I had a great time fishing with Ed. He was very patient teaching... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
FunFunFunTrip
My son and I went on a trip with Ed.

Not only was he unbelievably well informed regarding the area, but his expertise with respect to... read more

Reviewed June 27, 2019
BobMara

Recommended experiences in and around Nashville
from $88.88
from $55.00
from $78.00
from $34.00
More Info
All reviews fishing trip great fishing great trip caught lots of fish striped bass bachelor party stripers gear fished bait boat 8lb pole reel blast stars country
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

What an incredible trip! Dealing with Ed and his guides was a pleasant experience. There were 12 of us all together and we caught fish steadily throughout the day. The largest one being a nice 8lb hybrid. I highly recommend booking your trip with Ed. He makes the entire process go smoothly. I was the hero of the trip for planning the charter. I can't say enough good things. I am not sure about other guides, but I know I will be using Ed again next time I am in Nashville!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Britt T
Reviewed August 18, 2017

If you're reading this, it means you're like me and like to research before you spend your money. I can definitely testify that Ed Martin is worth the money! I first fished with Ed 6 years ago, and ever since, I've brought home a cooler of fish. This time around, there were three things that stood out to me. First, I was bringing a friend who wanted to know if he could drink beer on the trip. Ed told me that he could, but the moment someone appears drunk, it's back to the dock. I really liked that safety was a priority. Second, before the trip even started, he said that he asks his customers to write a review, even if it's a bad trip and wanted me to do the same. That surprised me, and I really admired his integrity. Third, we tried different techniques when we kept losing bites. I really liked that, and it's really the main reason I always choose Ed over other guides. If the fish aren't biting, he checks the baits. If still no bites, we move to another spot. It's that simple. I once fell for a $190 gimmick, on the same lake with the same fish, that resulted in a $400 silent boat ride. That particular guide never switched techniques, never checked the bait, and never tried another spot. It was very regretful, and I wish I had done my research on that one. I really respect Ed because there have been times when we had a trip scheduled, and he cancelled it because he said the lake conditions were not favorable for catching fish. At the time, I was bummed, but looking back, another guide would have gladly taken my money anyway. This is why I highly recommend Ed Martin. He is honest and hard-working. He has fished on Percy Priest Lake for 30+ years, and it truly shows. TIGHT LINES!

Reviewed August 12, 2017

We had an awesome time fishing with Ed. He definitely put us on the fish!! Couldn't ask for a better experience!

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Today will definitely be one of our most memorable family outings! It can be hard to find things on vacation that interests teenage boys...we found it fishing with Ed! We were on fish all day landing almost 20 in the boat (we chose to catch and release). Not only did Ed get us on fish we enjoyed visiting with him about the lake, fish and area. We highly recommend Ed. Our boys loved that they got to do more than just reel fish in. He helped them learn to bait and set the lines too. Thanks Ed for a great day of fishing!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Great guy and great location. He definitely knows what he is doing. He put us right on the fish. We caught some and lost some! We walked away with some great fish.

Date of experience: July 2017