“Best burritos!”

Baja Burrito
Ranked #224 of 2,031 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Best burritos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was sooooo good. We always go here when we want cheap, delicious Mexican. The seating outside is great. Sure it's a bit divvy but who cares when you have good food. Sit back and enjoy, sometimes it's not always about the looks.

Visited May 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Baja Burrito Time !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Friday April 26th, around noon!!!
For the past 3 years I've driven by this restaurant near the 100 Oaks Shopping Mall nearly 100 times or more and every time thinking..I need to try that restaurant sometime..so today was the sometime!!! I was in the area running errands and decided to check it out. I was alone, Tony was off doing whatever he does when we aren't together..So, I opted to turn into the crowded parking lot thinking "WHY NOT?"
I wasn't sure what to expect and I knew it was PEAK eating time for most Nashville foodies so I knew to be open minded especially when I saw the CRAM PACKED Parking lot...The outside eating area was large and slightly empty so I thought maybe everyone was at a neighboring eatery..so I went in being optimistic and excited!!!
OMG..it was jammed packed in there!! All the tables were smushed together on one side of the room (the outside patio looked bigger than the inside area assigned to eating) and there were people moving here and there and lined up and almost out the door..As the line moved fairly quickly ( about 15 minutes from start to finish for me anyway) the line was growing ever increasingly out the door and spilling into the parking lot..so this must be GREAT FOOD RIGHT???? I was excited!!!
While waiting in the line you can glance over the menu that is hanging overhead on the wall, so by the time you get there, you should be ready to order. When it was my turn, the guy behind the dividing wall said Burrito or Taco,I answered Burrito, he said Regular or Large...humm...Large? and then he said..Flour, wheat, spinach or chipotle ...Chipotle? he heated it quickly and passed to the next worker...What protein? Steak!!! then she asked rice? I said Yes and she said beans? Yes please..black or pinto...Black !!! then she wanted to know what sauces I wanted...I said spicy..then it went to the next person in the line...wanting to know my toppings..I opted for cheese, onions tomatoes, jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole and then she wrapped the huge burrito tight, and asked Combo? I said yes for $1.95 they added some chips, a bowl for salsa and a coke for soda..
Then they hand you the basket and you wait for the cashier...less than $10 not bad....then you make your way for a salsa choice, and I opted for the Habanero Pineapple salsa which was sweet and spicy..got my drink, and condiments and now to find a table.. I felt that small pit in my stomach that you feel when your in jr high at the cafeteria scanning the room for a smiling face to set near ....and no one looks up...ugh!!!
Now to find a seat, so I thought to myself, ignore the growing pit in my stomach and smush into a seat at a table with strangers and smile...which I did...
The food was good. The seating was uncomfortable and the room was small, crowded and elbow to elbow...not a good feeling...
The food was okay, not the best...reminded me of a " MOE"S"...but not as expensive and not as roomy as MOES dining area...lol !!!! But it was good! I didn't eat everything..I was full fast..not sure if it was the large burrito or the growing pit of uncomfortable seating arrangements...but I finished and threw away my trash. I guess I would go again, but eat outside and bring Tony with me...and go small the burrito was way too big for me!!!
I recommend this Burrito Joint, but Don't go at lunch time..Not sure when there NON PEAK time is...but you might want to make sure you have a little elbow room to eat!!!

• Visited April 2014
Devon
“WOW...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

...the most amazing fish taco's....ever!!! To make them extra special have them with the pineapple salsa.
P.s. They have rad T-Shirts as well.

• Visited March 2014
“A Must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I discovered this place while in Nashville on business and wish I had found it before my last evening in town! While the ambiance was lacking and the seating area needed cleaning, the food was plentiful, flavorful and a great value. This restaurant serves up an amazing blend of flavors!

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome food better than mcds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

food is always good.Baja burrito is always full. the food is always fresh if you like blue coast burrito. This place is 1000 times better.

• Visited September 2013