“Decent but ordinary”
Review of Watermark

Watermark
Reserve with OpenTable
Watermark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 2,053 Restaurants in Nashville
Cross street: 11th Avenue
Evanston, Illinois
“Decent but ordinary”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had an ok meal, but it was nothing out of the ordinary, and we found the restaurant expensive for what we got. One example: I ordered the pork chop, which was $35. If you wanted anything but a bare pork chop on a plate, it cost extra. Sauce? Another $3. Potatoes? Another $5. Vegetables? Another $5. The atmosphere was typical of an upscale expense account restaurant. At the end of the day, restaurants like this don't create memories, just a dent in your wallet.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank glen k

Charleston, SC
“Loved our experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We actually went in August but just now getting to this
What a great experience. I hate Chef Bob Waggoner wasn't there.
We absolutely loved everything we had. We let the Chef decide beforehand what we would have. The one thing we didn't care for was the smoked meat...too much smoky flavor for my palate. I hate to even put this because if you like smoked meat you would probably like it.
Loved the gazpacho (never cared for it before his) and the beet salad was so good.
I never order chicken when I go out because I cook it so much at home but the Roasted Springer Moutain Chicken breast over Tennessee creamed corn in a light jus of wild mushrooms with pinot noir bacon the favorite
We couldn't have eaten or had more wine and for $100pp we were extremely pleased.

• Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Ambiance lacking”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I picked this restaurant for my birthday. I was so disappointed with our table. We sat upstairs infront of the doors leading out to the deck. It was very plain. It was annoying and distracting to have constant people walking on and off the deck and to the kitchen. The food was pretty good. Our server was good. I was given a special 'birthday ' dessert that was really nice. When we were leaving I realized that the downstairs area was a much nicer, intimate setting with darker lighting. I still dont think I would be tempted to return.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank 4travelfan
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I went there with friends and had a great meal. Trish was our server and did a great job of recommending pairings. The wine selection was extensive and the atmosphere made for a special night. I would recommend Watermark to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
Odense, Denmark
“Excellent. Michelin style food.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This turned out to be one of the most perfect dinners ever. We had a 5 course chefs suggestion with wines. Served by Trish she accompanies every dish with a story and with perfect wines for each dish. We were 7 in our party and stayed till the restaurant closed. Got to shake hands with the chef himself also. I would love to go there again!

Visited April 2013